locked account - just wrong process or the way to easy money??

vasant
Contributor
Contributor

Short story of the case.

Opened my account back in JAnuary and made several payments.

In MAy first selling activities bring money into my account.

At this phase i was notified to further validate my account by sending various documents which i did. After this my account became restricted without further explanation. After several unaswered emails i decided to give a call when i heard that when i opened the account the wrong country was selected. Probably because the proxy is located there....

SO i was adviced to create a new account and funds would be transferred there.

Something which i did and as everybody can imagine nothing happened. After another bunch of non answered emails, on another call i get notification that this has been somehow neglected. Ok ,after this i receive another email asking for proof of delivery, which i did once more sending out the tracking numbers.

Again nothing. After 6 weeks another call with the call centre where i just get answers out of the box like" the case is escalated" "you have to be patient" , "there is no other escalation instance", "this is the process" etc.

This is criminal, an IT error months ago is supposed to be a blocking point to have access to your cash!!

I think that eventually this is common practice that helps paypals cash flows.

NEver again....

Anyway if someone has faced similar issues and has some good advice where and how to resolve this i would welcome any reply.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why don't you lay it all out in a personal message to customer services direct to their twitter or facebook pages.

Put in everything that has happened concisely and accurately with dates of each step and send to >>>

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can't be common practice as most people manage to open their paypal accounts in the country where they live.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vasant
Contributor
Contributor

thats tru.

However as there is no process to correct errors in the profile of the user, and the official process apparently is linked with account locking it seems that any inconsistency will lead to this type of inconvinience.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why don't you lay it all out in a personal message to customer services direct to their twitter or facebook pages.

Put in everything that has happened concisely and accurately with dates of each step and send to >>>

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vasant
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the idea!!!

Will give a try.

I thought emai and phone to call centre is the way to get support never thought that facebook is the way to resolve this type of issues

Login to Me Too

vasant
Contributor
Contributor

after posting to facebook everything solved within two days.

Totally different level of interaction there, not to be compared with the useless call centre.

I am astonished......

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So glad it worked for you     Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Angelcat62
Contributor
Contributor

I am glad I just read this - I have a friend in europe with the same problem.  Account opened in wrong country and now account is blocked - can't get her money.  Did you contact someone at Paypal through Facebook or Twitter?   

Login to Me Too

vasant
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i posted on their facebook wall. Its rediculous i know, but worked..
Login to Me Too

Angelcat62
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much - I will let my friend know. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.