has anyone else been ripped off by this chinese company?

witt1031
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 4 garments from Fashionmia, which turned out to be a scam.

After many weeks, 2 of the 4 items arrived, but were very, very badly made and in strangely distorted shapes, not wearable by any human being, even a child.

The other 2 of the 4 never arrived because I cancelled my remaining order when I saw how bad they were.
The Chinese company, Fashionmia, says they can't refund me for the clothes they aren't sending because they are waiting for the return of the previous clothes. The cost of returning the previous clothes to China is more than they cost.

Despite the fact it took many weeks for the partial order to arrive, Paypal wants them returned immediately to China. (Their deadline is a date too short to make it to China, based on what they tell me at UPS)

Also, the shipment would cost more than I paid for them in the first place.

The chinese company, Fashionmia, acknowledges that they owe me money for the clothes they haven't shipped.

But they say it would be inconvenient to refund a partial order and they will wait for the clothes that were sent to be received so they can combine the refund.  So I am stuck.

Paypal has not helped at all. I can't get any refund.

It's obviously a profitable scheme for the Fashionmia to rip off american consumers because they are too far away to return the items and who is going to make them, anyway?

Paypal makes billions, why do they allow themselves to be used in this way?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@witt1031

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is often one persons word against anothers.

So paypal tends to find in favour of the buyer BUT they have to return the item back to the seller at their own expense before getting a refund.

The rest is really down to you so if you choose to buy internationally OR from a private seller then you won't have as much protection but if you choose to buy from a business seller in your own country then if he refuses to refund your return costs you can file a small claims court action against him.

Paypal give some buyer and some seller protection which you can read in the user agreement, the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

witt1031
Contributor
Contributor
Wrong.
  First, if there had been a way to tell this was a Chinese company when ordering. I would certainly NOT have taken a chance on them.
  Second, they have not refunded money paid for items they did not ship, either. They acknowledge that they owe me money for those items, just refuse to pay it unless I pay an exorbitant amount for returning the items they DID send -to China.

(You might read the posting more carefully before you reply next time)
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@witt1031

Smiley Very Happy

Your welcome rude person.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

witt1031
Contributor
Contributor

I believe you meant to say "I'm sorry that I replied without reading the post."

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@witt1031

This is a "user to user" help forum, we are not paid or trained by paypal so we give advice AS BEST WE CAN.

We don't always get it right but folks normally say thanks for replying and trying to help.

Then there are rude folks like yourself.

Why don't you try helping instead of having a go at others, just save ONE person from being scammed on here and you MAY be worth listening to.

But until then you can talk to yourself on the rest of this thread, i am off to help nice people.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.