fraud

fruad
Contributor
Contributor
Very disappointed in PayPal. I wanted to purchased a item on eBay. I couldn't purchase the item unless i paid through PayPal. So i did what anybody who wanted to make the purchase would do. I went through all the steps & paid through PayPal. Less then a hour i received a message from eBay stating there may be fraudulent activity. Anybody with common sense would cancel the order, right? Well not exactly! I contacted eBay & long story short, they told me to contact PayPal. So on to the next, i contacted PayPal for them to basically tell me this: I have to wait for the seller take my money in order to get a refund. So now i have to wait to get robbed instead of them just cancelling the order b4 he robs me. I can't believe it. So when i finally get my money back I'm cancelling my account & will no longer do business with PayPal. I couldn't buy the product without using PayPal & now i have to get scammed to receive my money back. Instead of taking action to prevent me from getting scammed knowing the seller is scamming me. I'm done with PayPal!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fruad

When you pay via paypal and then the transaction is cancelled or refunded paypal can't force the funds YOU authorised to do a u-turn from your funding source.

They have to process through to paypal and then when cleared > back to you again.

Not sure what part of that is you getting robbed as you know for sure you will get the money back in a few days time.

Luckily you paid with paypal and not bank transfer / cheque etc or you may not have been able to get your money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.