cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted post about Gmail email address collisions

SOLVED
Contributor

deleted post about Gmail email address collisions

I worked pretty hard on a post explaining the Gmail email address collision problem, and why PayPal should consider addressing it. But the post was deleted:

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal/Someone-else-has-used-my-gmail-address-and-Paypal-won-t-do/m-p/1285416

Any way to find out why, and hopefully have it reinstated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: deleted post about Gmail email address collisions

Hi Tycho,

Sorry about that and thanks for letting us know.  Looks like it was automatically flagged by our spam filters.  Should be showing now. Smiley Happy

Posts with content containing email addresses and phone numbers tends to be blocked or flagged as spam as a way to combat phishing as well as prevent people from sharing another person's contact information.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Tycho,

Sorry about that and thanks for letting us know.  Looks like it was automatically flagged by our spam filters.  Should be showing now. Smiley Happy

Posts with content containing email addresses and phone numbers tends to be blocked or flagged as spam as a way to combat phishing as well as prevent people from sharing another person's contact information.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
Contributor

Ah, understood - and thanks for the quick response!