deleted post about Gmail email address collisions

Tycho
Contributor
Contributor

I worked pretty hard on a post explaining the Gmail email address collision problem, and why PayPal should consider addressing it. But the post was deleted:

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal/Someone-else-has-used-my-gmail-address-and-Paypal-won-t-do/m-p/1285416

Any way to find out why, and hopefully have it reinstated?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Tycho,

Sorry about that and thanks for letting us know.  Looks like it was automatically flagged by our spam filters.  Should be showing now. 🙂

Posts with content containing email addresses and phone numbers tends to be blocked or flagged as spam as a way to combat phishing as well as prevent people from sharing another person's contact information.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Tycho,

Sorry about that and thanks for letting us know.  Looks like it was automatically flagged by our spam filters.  Should be showing now. 🙂

Posts with content containing email addresses and phone numbers tends to be blocked or flagged as spam as a way to combat phishing as well as prevent people from sharing another person's contact information.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Tycho
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, understood - and thanks for the quick response!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.