Jihad Watch.org

Stewart57
New Community Member

I just read that PayPal is suspending jihadwatch.org account. Is this really true?  What can I do about changing the company policy?

Login to Me Too
121 REPLIES 121

Martinferrari1
New Community Member

Have you posted "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign? Censorship is a tricky business and can actually be just narative control. Remember the 1st amendment! Susan Ferrari

Login to Me Too

Jimf01
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is succumbing quickly to left wing pressure, time to ban PayPal, boycott paypal
Login to Me Too

ShawnLeas

Does paypal also have the right to refuse service to gays? If paypal has the right to suspend service to conservatives who did not violate your terms of service, it seems paypal's logic implies paypal does. Paypal is SICK!!!

Login to Me Too

rnurmikko
New Community Member

I just read that paypal will not accept or pay out monies to Jihad Watch.

Has anyone heard this?

What good can this do?  Jihad Watch is an organization that is fighting terrorism and needs support.

If Paypal is cancelling them, I will cancel paypal.  Total crap.

Login to Me Too

Mark196
Contributor
Contributor

I have read in the news that Paypal has permanently cancelled the account of Robert Spencer who writes for the website Jihad Watch, preventing his organization from receiving donations. This is very concerning to me. I believe Jihad Watch is a valuable investigative website that keeps people informed about terrorism. This is so concerning to me that I am actually considering cancelling my Paypal account if this is true. Robert Spencer is not a nazi or a White supremacist. He is a good man who loves America and doesn't not deserve this kind of treatment from a popular service like Paypal.

Edit: I just found out that Paypal has reinstated Robert Spencer's account This is great news. i'm glad Paypal made the right desision and reinstated Robert Spencer.

Login to Me Too

Jimf01
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has begun banning right wing people and groups from doing business here. I will be closing my PayPal account soon if this practice does not stop.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimf01

You have the right to close your paypal account and no longer do business with paypal, the same as paypal has the right to withdraw their services and no longer do business with businesses etc that they no longer want to provide a services to. Who are you to tell them who they can or cannot trade with?

If you want to close your accounts then do so, i am sure paypal won't miss the few of you that do so out of their 210 million active accounts worldwide.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ShawnLeas

Does paypal also have the right to refuse service to gays? If paypal has the right to suspend service to conservatives who did not violate your terms of service, it seems your logic implies paypal does.

Login to Me Too

ShawnLeas

I /will/ be closing my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShawnLeas

As i said before, not MY terms of service as i have NOTHING to do with paypal.

And bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.