Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jonluch40
Contributor
Contributor

No not ok. that's exactly what they do. Holding my money for 72 hours because, as they say, for my protection. Straight up SCAM.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jonluch40
Contributor
Contributor

And there it is ladies and gentlemen. A representative of paypal who honestly doesn't give a crap about you. Prove me wrong. Prove to me that holding peoples money so they have to get a paypal debit card isn't a scam.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonluch40

And there you go folks a poster who can't even READ that this is a user to user COMMUNITY FORUM.

And there you go folks a poster who can't even READ the word VOLUNTEER by a helpers user name.

And there you go folks a poster that has proven that they can't get a handle on how a community forum works and so equally cannot understand why Paypal have a 'new seller hold'.

And there you go folks a poster who can't even understand that helpers on here have NOTHING to do with Paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jonluch40
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you are a volunteer but that does make you a representative for the company because you are speaking on there behalf. If you don't like that maybe you should do something else. And that's funny about a new member hold because every person I talked to at paypal said that was not the reason why. The reason I was given was, for my protection. Wanna try again?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonluch40

Why would I be speaking on Paypals behalf?

I could not care less about Paypal, I am an Ebay seller that volunteers help on here to the USERS of Paypal.

As for the new seller hold EVERY single seller on Ebay and off Ebay has gone through it, myself included.

It does NOT last long so I personally was not bothered about it.........so do you want to try again making a mountain out of a mole hill that most folks accept and get on with?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jonluch40
Contributor
Contributor

Most folks have no problem with this? Really? Then please explain the class action lawsuit against paypal for there holds. Also its funny you mention ebay because the people ive talked to at ebay said there should be no reason for this. also I have an ebay representative who wants to have a three way phone call with paypal about why my funds are on hold.  Oh and another thing this may be no big deal to you. But when you are a disabled veteran like myself and you need this money to help pay for rent it is a big deal......wanna try again. Don't believe me? wanna see my dd214? how about my xrays.  Its people like you that make me hate this site more and more. Ignorant and only think about themselves. Volunteer for something else.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonluch40

The class action was for holding payments OVER 180 days when they limited accounts.

The new seller hold is perfectly legal and that is why it is STILL in the user agreement and paypal are still allowed to implement it.

As for your 'individual' hold then I can't know the circumstances of that, thats between you and paypal.

All I can advise on is the 'new seller hold' in general which EVERY SINGLE Ebay seller has gone through.

Not sure what you being a disabled veteran has to do with everything? Should you be exempt from the hold for that reason?

And you have NO idea of my age OR any disibilities and I would certainly not be stating them on a public forum for sympathy.

In my 'real life' job I deal with a lot of physically unwell folks but I doubt they would be posting their ailments on a forum, they get on with life as best they can.

Think you are the one that is only thinking of yourself and your personal life has nothing to do with Paypals hold.

I have over nearly 10,000 kudos / solutions from the 'users' of Paypal, MANY of them I have saved from being scammed so no I don't want to volunteer for something else and let the scammers win, wanna try again as you so nicely put it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.