YET ANOTHER DISPUTE CLOSED WITHOUT RESOLUTION...

bailey2465
Contributor
Contributor

i thought i was the only unlucky person who, time and time again, noticed that as quickly as i had opened any/all disputes for Items-Not-Received and/or Receiving-Wrong-Items.. paypal seemed to close them just as fast without any compensation or even an explanation to the resolution they had come to. 

And everytime, I attempt to contact paypal customer service, i receive the generic response of "please go to the resolution center to view the status and/or notes regarding your claim.."  but there are never any hints as to why the case was closed or even any response from the sellers.  every time i have opened a dispute, it is closed by paypal within 48hours...

WHAT IS GOING ON!!????  i completely understand the risks that are taken when purchasing goods online and accept that sometimes a transaction is not going to be 100% satisfactory - but i would much rather Paypal take down their Buyer Protection Policy and have me agree to Terms and Conditions than to make false promises that i will be protected.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Bob----P
Contributor
Contributor

micaylah
Contributor
Contributor

It happened to me. PP decided in favour of a Seller on eBay rather quickly. I pay. Seller sends me an item. Item comes crammed in package way too small for item. Item is damaged in opening. I send item back after PP tells me to do so.

I open a case. I want my money returned. PP decides I don't have a case and the Seller has the item and my money. PP closes case in favour of the Seller even though there are numerous complaints at ebay regarding the packaging issue for the same item.

If you are going to lie in bed with eBay, at least check under the sheets!

I am not pleased. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

chritters
Contributor
Contributor

I stopped using Ebay for most bigger items now as there a rip off and paypal your supposed to be protected. Your not!! I use Amazon now much better deals, People on ebay sell their items for more then their worth then ding ya with high shipping fees and now for Canada we get stung with an Import Charge Thought we had free trade??

Login to Me Too

micaylah
Contributor
Contributor

Ahhh yes, the infamous Global Shipping Program. All I can say is AVOID AVOID AVOID. They havent even established yet if it is legal for Pitney Bowes to be collecting Customs and Tariffs for Canada.

The Seller sometimes isnt even aware that this is going on.

What happens is that the Seller ships to you...it travels to Pitney Bowes in KENTUCKEY...it is opened, assessed and then repacked. I have shocked quite a few Sellers with pictures of their items and how they have been repacked.

I even have it on my eBay profile page in CAPS that I wont bid nor buy from GSP Vendors.

PB is certainly in bed with eBay, thats all I can say; and someone is raking in cash like crazy. I say it's PBs.

Login to Me Too

jhschonewille
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of these, in all honesty I think there is just as many fair as unfair resolutions,

however, from what I have seen  the front line people are there to filter out a lot of issues based on:

1) how quiet, unsure, meek... the buyer sounds,

2) whether the buyer used short words (ppl-people, srsly-seriously, ltr-later...) (Always use spell check)

3) blatant accusations, (thier,stolen, scam...)

4) making any type of threat or demand.

I know nothing of you or your dispute however, at this point you should call your bank to see about a payment cancellation which I believe only works with C.C payments but not debit.

If that does not work then call P.P, be professional and direct, don't take no for an answer and don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor, supervisors/supervisor...

It sounds to me that this is legit and not a frivolous claim. (given the info provided) hit them with facts and quotes.

Remember, do not take no for an answer and be professional, don't worry whether these people like you or not, they are not your friends they are just doing their job. 

Just my .02, good luck

Login to Me Too

dwhall12
New Community Member

I hear ya!!!  They just closed one on me telling me the buyer had to return the item for the money to be returned. PAYPAL lied as usual. Buyer kept item and received full refund. It is a buyers scam that paypal just doesn't care about. I never use paypal online except for the compulsory ebay just for the reason PAYPAL is not trustworthy!!!

Login to Me Too

saad613
Contributor
Contributor

Here another case for everyone to know. I bought A KKMOON security camera on ebay, there was an issue from day one with this camera. The Camera advertised to support motion detection and e-mail Alert, it did neither. When I complained to the supplier he offered me $ 3 rebate that eventually went up to $ 10. I was silly enough to accept this compensation for what I found to be a useless camera that stopped working after about two months. Called KKMOON several times and left messages, nobody ever returned my call. The warranty for the camera is supposed to be one year, when I complained to Paypal Pay Pal they offered to refund the purchase price if I return the camera to the supplier using a special delivery method with a tracking number. Canada post would charge me $ 50 to return the camera to the supplier address in China, this is about the price of the camera in the first place. Tried to explain the situation to Pay Pal who responded by closing the case without any compansation for the piece of junk I received that is wortheless. So much for PayPal guarantee of satisfaction and a useless waranty from the supplier. What a rip-off. A lesson learned not to ever trust Pay Pal or supplier warranties.

Login to Me Too

krolen

DO NOT TRUST PAYPAL! PAYPAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT LIES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

Had problems with seller: BTW - never buy from GearBest. I've ordered a camera and accesories. GearBest for some reason divided my things for two parts - cheap one and expensive one. Claimed sending both but I've received only cheap one. They might have sent smth to their person here in Canada since something has been sent - I'l got some tracking number which ended up somewhere in Canada - beware of trick.

After long conversations I've been requested to sent stuf I've received back with tracking number. After calling support and saying that it does not make sense because of spendings I will have and asked to be refunded for the difference (things which I did not receive). According to my case I had to send stuff back no later than the 1st of may.

Called them 3 times and was assured that they will contact seller and resolve it during 3 days and my timeframes are extended. Guess what? Today (2nd of May) - my case is closed. I guess because I did not send stuff back by the 1st of may.

PAYPAL LIES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Login to Me Too

CRebelo86
Contributor
Contributor

Completely useless when the seller didn't send the item as it should. Paypal don't protect the buyers and close the dispute even when I sent a lot of documents and photos that proves the item was missing inside the package. Very disapointed.

Login to Me Too

jma19002

The item I ordered was never acknowledged by the seller but PayPal sent money on my behalf.  After I failed to get a reply from the seller's email I opened a dispute.  The seller then sent (through PayPal) a tracking # for FedEx which showed that the item was damaged in shipment and returned to Arkansas.  No proof of delivery to me was ever provided because it never happened.  Then PayPal summarily closed the dispute and said I would have to work it out with the seller.  This may be an opportunity for some enterprising lawyer to start seeking support for a class action suit as, judging by the common experience here, is becoming more common.  I attempted to call the number and although it was 2-1/2 hours into their stated business hours I got the AI runaround.  Time to cancel PayPal and keep my eyes peeled for a lawsuit to support.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.