Why retiring classic experience for business accounts?

heavyharmonies
Contributor
Contributor

I logged into my business account this morning only to find myself in that candy-coated dysfunctional "new experience" that I jetisoned a long time ago as a personal account. While it allows me to switch back (for now), there messages all over the place saying PayPal is "retiring the classic account experience to make business easier for you".

Is this some sort of sick joke?

EASIER FOR ME????

Au contraire. The "new experience" makes things worse and more difficult.

I use the recent activity checklist on the front page AND THE ABILITY TO SELECTIVELY ARCHIVE SPECIFIC TRANSACTIONS as a to-do list and to at a glance see which transactions are still pending. The "new experience" removes all of that.

I ABHOR the "new experience". I don't care if the classic experience "looks dated". It works. It's functional.

The new POS is not.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

wmwbusiness
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed!  And I have SOOOOOO sick of going in and constantly switching back to classic and getting the same popup for feedback....STOP IT.  You do NOT want my feedback right now.  I want a FUNCTIONAL system, not a candy crap system that is 'trendy'  Give us the OPTION because there are many PayPal alternaltives that are starting to look really nice right now

Login to Me Too

50stuf
Contributor
Contributor

NEW EXPERIENCE??????  TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

**bleep** ME UP SO BAD TODAY I MISSED TWO PAYMENTS AND NEVER SHIPPED TWO ORDERS BECAUSE OF THIS NEW CRAP.   THERE ARE AT LEAST 10 THINGS WRONG WITH IT AND I HAVE BEEN WITH YOU SINCE 2003.

YOU DESIGN PEOPLE ARE NOT SELLERS AND YOU DON'T HAVE WORK WITH WHAT YOU CREATE!!!!!! 

WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE.  IF IT WORKS DO NOT FIX IT BETTER...FOR WHOM DO YOU DO THIS?  NOT US SELLERS.  I HAVE BEEN USING PAYPAL FOR OVER 12 YEARS NOW AND I AM USED TO THE WAY IT DISPLAYS AND WORKS.  SO DO NOT HELP ME BY CHANGING IT......

IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ME AND I BET OTHERS FEEL THE SAME WAY.  YOU DEVELOPERS ARE FREAKIN UNBELIEVEABLE WITH YOUR GOING TO MAKE IT BETTER BS.  PLEASE LEAVE THE CLASSIC WAY UP PERMANENTLY.......IF YOU DON'T YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE CUSTOMERS..........

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID

Login to Me Too

TurboBobBailey
Contributor
Contributor

The new stuff is not only hard to navigate,  but it just plain unusable.  I found it impossible to get the view/info/screen/printout with the information I needed to conduct my business.

If you remove the classic style interface you will cripple my ability to conduct my business.

Please get some real business users to test it.

Bob

Login to Me Too

writerinmo
Contributor
Contributor

I AGREE COMPLETELY! I've been attempting to ship two International purchases off and on all day today and last night, and this "BETA" experience not only won't let me enter the customs information without bumping me back to the prior page as soon as I try and scroll down it and enter information, but it also won't allow me to switch back to the WORKING Classic setup. Seriously, STOP making the BETA the default shipping, you're supposed to test it with VOLUNTEERS who can work with you to get rid of the bugs, instead of frustrating your users to the point where they look for alternative ways to do business. I live 15 miles from the nearest Post Office, but I'm ready to make that drive just so that i can get my items out in a timely manner!

Why, oh WHY do businesses think that they simply MUST continously change and "UPGRADE" (especially when it makes it MORE difficult for users, that's NOT an upgrade) instead of just letting things that WORK alone and stop messing with it? Change for the sake of change is NOT progress...

Login to Me Too

writerinmo
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, and also, when I contact Customer Support, I get the same old tired reply to clear my cache, try a different browser, etc...when I told them that I've already done all that PLUS attempted to print postage from DIFFERENT COMPUTERS, all I hear are crickets...no reply at all. They know it's on their end, why not just man up and say WE HAVE A PROBLEM AND ARE LOOKING INTO IT!

Login to Me Too

TurboBobBailey
Contributor
Contributor

Its called "Microsoft Disease"

hopefully they actually check the forums and not just let us twist in the wind.

(Paypal guys,  you have my email,  feel free to contact me)

Bob

Login to Me Too

TurboBobBailey
Contributor
Contributor

my worry is that they don't know they have a problem (or worse....)

My offer stands,  and I'm a software guy,  so we can communicate effectively.

PayPal developers,   feel free to contact me.

Bob

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.