Why aren't PayPal Credit payments deducted from my balance immediately?

BlackUmbrella
New Community Member

I don't understand why every single other transfer or payment from my PayPal account is deducted immediately, but it takes a day or so for PayPal Credit payments to be deducted from my balance.

The funds are even shown as available, and can be accidentally spent before the PayPal Credit payment is completed. Besides just making no freaking sense, this can cause problems if an automatic payment set up via PayPal to my credit card happens to hit at the wrong time, as the autopayment deducts from my available PayPal balance first rather than just defaulting to my credit card (which, actually, is another really dumb PayPal quirk that has caused me to drop PayPal for automatic payments and use Privacy.com instead).

When I make a payment from my PayPal balance to PayPal Credit, I want that amount deducted immediately so that I know with certainty the payment is covered. That's what I would like to see.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.