Whoa, wait... what?!

Axehandlesmash2
Contributor
Contributor

I got this email the other day...

Hello ____ ,

You added $100.00 USD to your PayPal balance from your bank account. Your money is now available in your PayPal account.

Thanks,

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal PPX000182:ea36cc3958dc

and it CAME from service(at)paypal(dot)com

I havent had the internet for a couple weeks, i dont have the funds to even make such a transaction. how is this happening? My phone is out of minutes and my only means of internet is going to the library, as i am currently. i know there is a lawsuit pending, but its still in the court until January, its December.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SonOfApollo
Contributor
Contributor

This looks like a legitimate email address from PayPal but if your not seeing any transaction on your PP account and your certain that it is not you who created the transaction then just DELETE IT.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Axehandlesmash2,

I appreciate you reaching out for clarification and can confirm that service@PayPal.com is a legitimate email address. Are you able to see this transfer pending when you log into your PayPal account? If not, then it may be best to reach out to our teams directly for additional assistance. If you are unable to reach us by phone, our teams can also be reached on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance. 

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.