Where is my refund.

LJD1
Contributor
Contributor

On Nov. 17th I canceled an item prior to shipping.  It was refunded the same date.  My account shows on the 19th it went to pending.  Now I can't seem to get it released.  I have called every day for the past week, after the 3-5 days stated for release.  I was told last night I would get it within an hour.  Then got vm stating the supervisor went home ill, so I would get it first thing this am.  My bank account is now overdrawn, my PPCredit is late.  Called again this morning and was told they have a problem in the refund dept. but they will issue a credit today.  I don't believe them.  This is the first problem I have had with paypal.  This is no way to treat customers, I have been lied to, hung up on, placed on hold for over 15 min when I asked for a supervisor.  Was told there wasn't anything a supervisor could do and refused to transfer to a supervisor.  I need my money!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LJD1

Of course you do but there is nothing we can do is there?

Sounds like a paypal glitch you will just have to wait it out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

coolkdz2
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Do you work for Paypal or just another member trying to smooth things over?  Money is tight for most people and when they have been promised their funds in a certain amount of time and they don't get it they become angry.  It is human nature to react like this.  I believe if you showed them you understand their concerns you would come across as a caring person and not a patronizing one as you do now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coolkdz2

Suggest when you have given up YOUR OWN TIME to help thousands on here including saving hundreds from being scammed you may be able to have a go at my posts.

But as you have not helped one single person then your post will be treated with the contempt it deserves.

There IS nothing we can do on here, only customer services can help. And when they said that they needed their money i replied of course you do as i understood that.

And no I don't work for paypal and would not want to, I happen to think this glitch is appalling and their customer services sucks, but that has nothing to do with the fact there is nothing we can do about it here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

coolkdz2
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

It is your choice to be a volunteer on this site and I am simply stating it would behoove you to have more compassion for those people would work in your favor.  I have read many posts in this forum and you come across many times with a caveliar attitude.  Again this is your choice to be a volunteer on this site.  Please do not yell at me because I am writing to you with my concerns.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coolkdz2

My so called attitude appears to other posters that i have saved from being scammed as absolutely fine.

There was nothing wrong with the post I made.

Suggest you go help others or keep quiet.

I am off to help genuine posters that need help and not trolls like yourself that just love to have a pop at others cus they can't help themselves.

Bye

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shymisty
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue  They told me to call it would be faster but still no refund.  I wish they had American speaking people for customer service.  The India woman I got could not understand her and she spoke fast   I use to think paypal was good for buying items but I am not sure about them anymore.  I have been waiting since Nov 17

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shymisty

Yours is weird as its BEFORE the techie glitch i think.

Can you say how you funded the paypal payment that was refunded?

1. Instant bank transfer OR

2. Debit or credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shymisty
Contributor
Contributor

Instant bank transfer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shymisty

ok sorry one last question, does it say pending / temp hold or completed?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.