Whatever happened to PayPal buyer protection?

kbiddly
Contributor
Contributor
  • I made a purchase through PayPal from a vendor in India. The product as nothing like what had been described (over the phone..Not in a listing.) I disputed but PayPal decided in the vendor's favor stating that the product was as described. They could not know this as they weren't on the phone call. And it wasn't a language barrier. No buyer protection. I'm out $500. Thanks PayPal for standing behind your buyers! No ability to tell my story or appeal the decision. Total rip-off.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

alvrus
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree with you. I ordered from EricDress which is a shyster company in China. They took my money via PayPal and did not ship the merchandise. I emailed several times and finally told them to give me my money back. They ignored the request so I complained to PayPal. Then the company shipped the clothes - TWO AND A HALF MONTHS after they had taken my money! And they only shipped because I complained to PayPal. PayPal refused to issue me a refund, and forced me to accept the out of season clothes that I no longer wanted. AND the clothes were nothing like described, including the fact that EricDress lied about the fabric, but didn't put labels on the clothes so you can't "prove" that they lie. I am no longer using PayPal to pay for things if I don't have to. It seems that PayPal lies as much as other companies about its "customer protection."

Login to Me Too

dneshpatil
New Community Member

I am disappointed with the way, claim have been handled . The dispute was very clear that after my repetitive attempts to contact seller,they didn't respond or budge to respond.
Still, I am being asked to bear shipping and handling charges to return the items. Rather than making seller straight, paypal is punishing me for making paypal purchase at shoes website ... this is not a good sign in terms of customer protection and/or satisfaction. I was expecting partial refund on account of seller negligence and unresponsive behavior. but situation is worse here.. i have to bear extra charges for making paypal purchase.. Great ... you have disappointed me too much...

Login to Me Too

kbiddly
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I offered to accept a partial refund as well and still Paypal let them get away with lieing. Very disappointed. PayPal is not what it used to be. I'll be telling my friends to steer clear since they no longer honor their claimed buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

ekoismoyo
New Community Member

I apologize to you about me, maybe you will provide assistance on my difficulties, but have not met me? I am always open to anyone, but we inhibited about language. maybe if memalui email or chat that can transfer language I would. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.