WARNING! PayPal USPS Flat-rate Envelope postage no longer adequate for Legal size envelopes

jerryshap
Contributor
Contributor

I use PayPal USPS Priority Mail postage labeling for my business shipments. Currently, PayPal offers two Priority Mail Flat-rate envelope label choices: "Flat-rate Envelope" and "Padded Flat-rate Envelope."

Historically, the "Flat-rate Envelope" label has been adequate for all sizes of USPS Flat-rate envelopes, except "padded." My local USPS informed me USPS is now charging a higher rate for the "Legal Flat-Rate Envelope" and the PayPal postage label is no longer adequate for "legal size Flat Rate" envelopes. I just confirmed that on USPS website as well. Here is a link to that info:

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

I was told by USPS that if I ship in a "Legal Flat-rate Envelope" with a PayPal Flat-rate Envelope postage label, my customers may receive a postage due notice before they can receive package. This urgently needs to be corrected. I am positive most PayPal customers are unaware of this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jaime_Wheeler
New Community Member

I always add the 30 cent different in stamps on the package, but USPS sent me an email fussing about label/package discrepancies. Looks like even tho I'm adding postage they are going to start charging recipients the difference. Legal flat rate envelope needs to be an option on here

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.