Very poor customer service from Paypal

rizalkhan300177
New Community Member

a)    Purchased some guitar cables and plugs on the 30th of December 2013. I used Paypal to pay for the USD244.75 bill. The Paypal Transaction ID was 3TS68635JW331602F. In my order, I had requested the seller to use FedEx for the shipment (as per my previous purchase from the seller).  

b)    I had also made a different order worth USD377.05 with the same seller on the 28th of December 2013 with transaction ID: 5VY60528TK958921M and tracking of CJ 185 395 803 US. Would like to mention that I have received the items in the sale and this sale was never in dispute.

c)    January 4th 2014 - The seller sent me an email with tracking from USPS. Details Type of Service: Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope. Label Number: LJ 513 376 139 US. While I was upset the seller used USPS, I understood that the sale was processed by the seller’s staff while he was away on vacation

d)    January 20th 2014 – I wrote to the seller “Can you please help check why the shipment has been stuck in Chicago? The other shipment (CJ 185 395 803 US) has reached Malaysia on the 14th.”. I got no reply from the seller

e)    January 31st 2013 – I wrote to the seller “This is the second attempt I am writting in regards to this issue. The shipment  LJ 513 376 139 US is still in US and has not left Chicago to reach Malaysia. Honestly, I think this is unacceptable considering today is the 31st of Jan and it was shipped out on 3rd of January. The last update was on 27th January which says it is Processed through sort facility but that was the same update on the 13th of January. When I tried to contact USPS, they requested that the sender checks with them. As such, please speak to them about this. “. Seller replied on February 2014 and says - I am sorry but there’s nothing I can about this – we are at the mercy of the USPS postal system.”

f)    February 14th 2014 – I wrote to the seller to say “Just to let you know that this order made in the last week of December 2013 has yet to be received by me. I am disappointment with the delay because I had requested to use FedEx when I made the order. I understand that you were on leave and that resulted in the shipment being done by USPS but it is today the 14th of Feb and last status says it is still in Chicago. The cables and plus are urgent. Is there nothing you can do to find out from USPS what is going on? Do understand that at point of writing, I have paid for goods which I have not received.”. No reply received from seller.

g)    February 24th 2014 – I wrote to seller and told him “Still not receive my order. I am very disappointed. I need to raise a Paypal dispute as I have not received them yet.”. Seller responds immediately “Look I have no control over USPS – now if we **bleep** up then you can rise a dispute, it’s not our fault.”

h)    February 24th 2014 – A case is raised to Paypal over non receipt of items. Case # is PP-002-982-917-157.

i)    February 25th 2014 – Received an email from Paypal with an update to my case which said “The seller responded to our request for shipment tracking information. We still need to investigate and confirm this information, but we wanted to share the seller's response with you: Tracking Company: USPS. Tracking Number: CJ185395803US. No further action on your part is required at this time. We will continue our investigation, and contact you with any updates.”

j)    March 11th 2014. Receive an email from paypal – “We are writing to let you know that we requested additional information from the seller about this case. We'll let you know if we require additional information from you.” Another similar email was received on March the 19th 2014.

k)    March 23rd 2014 - Receive an email from paypal “ In response to your claim, the seller has provided proof of shipment indicating that the item was shipped to you. Because the seller was able to provide proof of shipment, we cannot reverse this transaction or issue a refund. We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to amicably resolve this matter.”

l)    March 24th 2014 – I call paypal to tell them that I was disappointed that they closed my case without my feedback. I asked them for an email where I could send all email communications with seller and USPS. I sent a total of 7 emails with my evidence. The main one being that tracking number in dispute was  LJ 513 376 139 US and not CJ185395803US.

m)    March 26th 2014 – I forwarded an email from USPS to paypal. In it I write “Please see reply from USPS which says it is sellers or shippers duty to check on a shipment. As I've mentioned and shown via forward email day before, the seller was not willing to help in trouble shooting my shipment. “

n)    March 30th 2014 – I receive an email from paypal with subject “Resolution of Appeal Case #PP-002-982-917-157”. It said “The seller has provided valid tracking information on the above case. As a result, your appeal can not be granted at this time. We encourage you to contact your seller for resolution. We value your business and regret that you have had this experience.” I wrote back to paypal reiterating the key points.

o)    March 30th 2014 – Paypal replies to my email to say “Having reviewed the information regarding your case, I acknowledge that you have appealed the case; however, it was denied as the tracking information shown the tracking number was for your transaction. I can see that you have cliamed that the tracking information was for amother transaction; however, as per checking, we can only see one transaction being made to the seller.”

I am confused

- I don't get how Paypal cannot see a second transaction despite all the information given (refer to points a and b)

- I don't get how Paypal keeps telling me to speak with the seller. It is because the seller was not helpful that I raised the case

- I dont get how a case is closed without my input

- I don't get despite sending all the evidence on tracking, Paypal doesn't see my complaint as valid or worth opening?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Khundom
New Community Member
It is amazing to watch a leader in the field just squander their good name and dirty their brand like Paypal is doing. Have to wonder how some corporations become victims of their own success. I'wasted so much time just trying to get to bad service that I wouldn't burden you with. Others have detailed it so well. Suffice to say that I've just MOVED TO ANOTHER ONLONE SERVICE WHOSE INITIALS ARE GW without any regret. Good luck Paypal; you will be needing it:(
Login to Me Too

Damma
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure you were are probably still ARE ready to tear your hair out! The worst part of it is PayPal is going to do whatever it wants to do.  I have found them to be uninterested in the facts, which you obviously kept meticulous track of.  You went out of your way to be kind and thoughtful to the seller, and it sounds like you got it at both ends.  In my personal experience, PayPals customer service is 100% lacking in authenticity and caring.  I can almost see them scanning your email, pulling out a keyword here and there and responding to those keywords only.  I highly doubt that they took the time to truly verify the tracking numbers.  And the saddest part is, they won't.  They have made a decision, you lost.  It sucks, and it's wrong, but like Ebay, they have outgrown their big boy clothes and moved into the 3-pc suit without knowing the perils of poor customer service.  They are what I like to call "Pulling a MySpace".  MySpace got to be #1, they got snotty, too big for their britches, started treating their customers like crap, and now they are the crap.  Ebay and PayPal will both be seeing the bottom of a toilet real soon.  It's unfortunate, because they could have remained #1 if they had just listened and actually cared about plights such as yours.  You may have to do what I did.  Suck it up, take one in the gut and just don't use them anymore.  I was actually forced to quit Paypal and Ebay both after 7 weeks of trying to contact them.  Ebay refuses to allow anyone who can't use a telephone to sell on Ebay.  You can for awhile, until you have to contact them, then they won't allow alternate contact.  Talk about pulling your hair out!  At least you can contact PayPal by email.  They won't actually help, but at least you can vent.  Keep your records, if you have to, go to small claims court.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.