Using PayPal while traveling out of the USA

MrJLH
Contributor
Contributor

The dumbest most illogical policy Paypal has is not being able to transfer funds from your own personal USA Bank Account into your own USA Paypal account form outside the country unles you tell them you are traveling.  You need to notify them if you are traveling in the personal settings. It is one thing if I had a foreign Paypal account, its entirely another if all my account are in the USA.  I use a certain internet calling site to contact friends or family when traveling and fund the account with paypal. If I need to refresh the account I should be able to from anywhere on this planet as long as both bank and paypal are in the same country...the USA!  You do have a secured server do you not? And I have a firewall...so what's the problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrJLH

Well if your account triggers that its being used outside of the country your account is registered to BUT paypal have been informed you are travelling to that country then i would think it would make a lot of difference.

Same with my card issuer, if you inform them you are travelling and where you are fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrJLH

Not sure my secure server has anything to do with it but paypals might !! But you would need to ask them that question.

As paypal is country specific then if you suddenly use it outside of your own country then it would trigger security alerts in case a scammer has hijacked it abroad and using it without your consent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MrJLH
Contributor
Contributor

Simply notifying Paypal about your travel plans does not stop anyone from hacking into anyones account out side the US or even in the US. It is not any safer or more secure. I can use a VPN service effectively making a secure transaction from anywhere. The best way would to have the customer set a "bill pay' to Paypal directly from the bank.  Then there would be no need top connect to the Paypal server.  To do that I will need a Paypal account number, address or id.  Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrJLH

Well if your account triggers that its being used outside of the country your account is registered to BUT paypal have been informed you are travelling to that country then i would think it would make a lot of difference.

Same with my card issuer, if you inform them you are travelling and where you are fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.