The disputed amount has now been debited from my account. I need your advice!!!

leragene11

I sold the Louis Vuitton Shawl  on DECEMBER 28,2016. I bought it in LV Store but never used it. On January15,2017 tthe buyer opened the Case. She was not satisfied with the item and it was not as described. She wanted to keep the shawl and get a refund. The Paypal decision was following: "We've determined that your buyer should receive a refund, once we have confirmed that the merchandise has been returned to you. The merchandise should be in the same condition as when your buyer received it." PERFECT  It`s the right decision. In 2 weeks i have received the package from the buyer and I was completely shocked when I opened it. Instead of the item (shawl/scarf) that the buyer was not satisfied with I received 2 USED DISPOSABLE UNDERPADS AND A THREATENING NOTE.  I have contacted the police department, and showed them what the buyer sent me. In 3 days the Police Report was sent to paypal and this case was closed  in my favor. They sent me e mail:"The following case was found in your favor. Any hold on this transaction has been removed."

On Febuary18,the same buyer opened the second case:She didn't receive a refund or credit.  I was shocked.  Paypal asked me to send them an additional information to help them to resolve this case. I wrote them about their( Paypal) decision of  the first case. It was closed in my favor.  That`s why the buyer didn`t receive the refund.

Today i have receive e-mail from PP: 

"The disputed amount has now been debited from your PayPal account for the following reason(s):

• This chargeback type was not covered under Seller Protection.

In addition, a chargeback fee of $20.00 USD has been debited from your PayPal account""

SOOOO... The buyer  kept the item (shawl) and got a refund. GREAT!!!! PERFECT!!! I lost $ 650 for Shawl(bought it LV Store)++++ $380 refund +++$20 Paypal chargeback fee.

It`s A HORRIBLE PAYPAL DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give me an advice. What can i do in this situation. THANK YOU in advance!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leragene11

ok firstly you can't open 2 paypal disputes so what happened is this  >>

1. The buyer opened a PAYPAL dispute and lost.

2. The buyer must have funded that paypal payment via a credit card SO she then went to her card issuer and did a chargeback directly via them. This is not a paypal dispute, its a chargeback and the card company make the decision and not paypal.

Paypal will pass on any information to the card company but at the end of the day the card company decides and they decided in favour of their account holder.

In the case of that scenario if you lose then you also pay the card companies processing fee.

Now at the moment your nasty buyer has won BUT you have a lot of evidence so do you have a small claims court in your country? If so then collect all the evidence you have and see if you want to proceed with a small claims action.

It depends how much money you lost / whether you think its worth the risk / whether you just don't want to let her get away with it etc etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ppdickson
Contributor
Contributor

If I were you I would do what I am going to do and sign up with a class action lawsuit. Google it. You will find one that suits your needs. Pay Pal is committing FRAUD after FRAUD. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.