Terrible excuses for holding my funds

tradesouthwest
Contributor
Contributor

PP is really lacking in support channels right now. I have the a problem with getting my funds released and when I call in they give me so much false and misleading information. At one time the funds said they would be released on the 21st of April (transaction was on the 11th---that is still too long to wait: 10 days!) and then two days later they state they would be released on May the 2nd.

This was not even a eBay transaction, it was a PP.me trans. I feel the pain of a lot of these threads as PP has gone backwards in Customer Support and I even got a very rude man one time that said he could not escalate or transfer me to anyone (he was a supervisor) since his phone did not transfer to anyone else.

PP is just plain disgusting when it comes to holding money for no appareant reason. Yes there might be a reason in their eyes but it was not applicable to any instance I had called them about and they still would not help. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tradesouthwest

New seller hold >>>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tradesouthwest
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but no help. None of this helped and I already read this page. The date of release keeps changeing on me. That is the weird part. 21 days is an awfully long time to wait for money that I could have gotten in 2 to 3 or 7. A big difference. I think Paypal is looking out for me as a seller and not wanting to have the item get charged back... at least that was the only legitamate excuse I got from Support.

This item was a non refundable, non-returnable, over the counter, out the door antique cabinet that was sold from my store and has no way that Paypal would ever get a charge back. If the buyer wanted to do that she would use her credit card company, AMEX, and then PP would have nothing to do with it. 

It is a sad world when you can't run a business and get paid. What reason would PP have to hold my money so long. Interest? Yep, I guess they want to make escrow with their bank. Not a good move. I would say this is terrible breach of Terms of Agreement and I have never seen PP do anything this odd. I believe they have some new management in place that is forcing some bad habits on the release of funds department. I can safely say this because I have been a PP member since 2008 and never seen instances like these (yes I have other similar issue, not posted).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.