Switch to CLASSIC layout permanently!

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I did search the forums regarding this topic, but didn't come across any real answer.  How do I switch my Paypal layout back to the Classic layout permanently?  The only suggestion I saw was clicking the "Classic" button on the lower left corner, however the change is only temporary.

I'd like each login to go directly to the classic site, without having to manually switch over each time.

Please can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

Quest_God
New Community Member

I hate the new layout because nothing would "LOAD" for me, I can't even see how much I even have and I keep reporting that to them when I was able to switch back to the classic and they do nothing for it! I  really hate this.

Login to Me Too

woodpecker34
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know the same thing.

I keep complaining about the 'new and improved' any time I am asked and have never heard any reply. So much for PayPal listening...

Login to Me Too

jake1967
New Community Member

i read that switching to the classic site was only temperary if u can get to the classic site bookmark it so u can go straight there good luck every one need to contact paypal and complain

Login to Me Too

marb
Contributor
Contributor

I am absolutley sick of things that work well being changed for NO REASON. Nothing is allowed to stay the same an ymore. I hate this new design and cannot work with it. I run my own business and time is precious but now it will be spent trying to fathom how to navigate this mess. Paypal why didn't you listen when I gave feedback about the design a few times ?

Login to Me Too

catsinthecradle
Contributor
Contributor

I have been emailing Paypal for several days now.  They keep telling me the Classic version is available to me but it's not there anywhere on my account page.  Yesterday I received another email that said they had made adjustments to my account and that I should clear the history on my computer, restart it and the Classic version would be there.  It was not!  This is about the fourth time now they've said they adjusted things and everything still comes up to the new version which is SO awkward and certainly not user friendly.  I was also told the new version is going to be the permanent look, so I guess it doesn't matter what we prefer as Paypal users.

Login to Me Too

catsinthecradle
Contributor
Contributor

I agree witih you comletely and I too have been giving the feedback they ask for but am obviously not being listened to.  I went through a similar experience with Etsy, as I sell my products there as well as have my own website.   I will tell you that MANY Etsy users complained over the course of the many months they "experimented" with the "new look" and the end result is that though a few changes were made anyway despite our complaints, for the most part the look stayed the same!  Now if only Paypal would listen to their customers the way Etsy did.

Login to Me Too

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I have a suspiscion that the "new look" has more to do with ease of use for mobile device users, than practicality when using a regular desktop or laptop computer.  I myself cannot verify its usefulness on a mobile device (i.e. smartphone) since I don't have one.  True, most people in the civilized world now have a smartphone, but does that mean the site should be optimized for smartphone use only?  NO.  Many of the people accessing the Paypal site from a computer are business owners that depend on the service for their business needs.  They wouldn't dream of operating their business through solely a smartphone since it would be inefficient for day to day volume use. Why penalize your biggest customers that depend on the service just to satisfy the more casual smartphone users?

The real solution is to implement two versions of the site, one for mobile devices, and one for desktop/laptop computers.  Of course this takes more resources to maintain, but seriously how much effort is it really?  I've maintained several websites over the years.  Once it's set up and working, there isn't much to maintain it as long as you aren't **bleep** around changing it every few weeks (for which there is no need).  You get something that works, and LEAVE IT THAT WAY!  Since the classic site already existed, I'm sure it wouldn't be that much effort to simply bring it back in parallel to the new mobile-optimized site.

My 2c

Login to Me Too

shopper57
Contributor
Contributor
Having parallel systems for desktop & mobile users sounds like a great idea. Now get a job at PayPal and make it happen, seriously! I use Paypal for personal transactions and I can't stand the unfriendly navigation the new site offers. After reading the complaints from merchant users, I can't imagine the extra burden that you now have to deal with to try to complete daily tasks that were simple to accomplish on the old site. I have complained to PayPal multiple times but it's been like talking to a brick wall. They are not budging on this. PayPal needs to take a page from Coca Cola, even they could admit that the new wasn't better than the old!
Login to Me Too

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Parallel device-specific websites is not a new or outlandish concept.  A happy medium is a well designed scaleable site.  Many companies use these approaches on their websites.  Unfortunately, although technically inclined as a systems engineer, my career path does not involve dealing with websites.  **bleep**, if my family business with 0 (not a typo) full-time employees can afford to do this, why can't Paypal?

EDIT:  Off-topic: Crazy that forum bleeps out everyday non-curse words like **bleep**, and **bleep**.  LOL

Login to Me Too

jennyseller
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately it's a monopoly if you sell on eBay, since they only allow paypal as payment there are no other options. Maybe the split will open up options for other forms of payment, and they'll start listening to their real customers, the people who pay 2.9% of their income to paypal. Better yet, a site that rivals eBay, now wouldn't that be something most of us would love to see.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.