Switch to CLASSIC layout permanently!

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I did search the forums regarding this topic, but didn't come across any real answer.  How do I switch my Paypal layout back to the Classic layout permanently?  The only suggestion I saw was clicking the "Classic" button on the lower left corner, however the change is only temporary.

I'd like each login to go directly to the classic site, without having to manually switch over each time.

Please can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no permanent solution - unfortunately the new user interface is here - like the rest of us who have deal with this change since the release - it is what it is.

Login to Me Too

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I'll let my post sit for a while before conceeding to see if Paypal can provide any input.  It has been convenient the past decade or so, but I'm not adverse to closing my account if need be.

Login to Me Too

shopper57
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately, there's no way to stay on the classic site since PP has been updated. But I agree that the new interface is less user friendly. It takes forever to navigate through to located links that were easier & quicker to find in the past, most from the home page. We can only hope that there will be more updates to make the new PP function better.
Login to Me Too

Stresssed
Contributor
Contributor
It is what it is?  I'm not sure about that one.  The new format for dummies is horrible.  PayPal needs to listen to their customers.  Force feeding with that attitude doesn't work well for many of us.
Login to Me Too

vaillant
New Community Member

I agree with most of the above comments. I don’t like the new layout at all, and I also used to have a lot of alternate shipping addresses which now can’t be accessed. When I try to re-create them it forces me to specify addresses in Italy (i am in Italy) while I needed to specify US addresses.

This is no little problem.

Login to Me Too

CLASSIK-LOOK
New Community Member

I absolutely agree that is NOT a professional look. I also think since your customers are the ones paying you to keep your site open then if they want the classic look then so be It. I for one do NOT like the new look and it is what it is and NOT what I want.

This has me highly **bleep** OFF!

Login to Me Too

Steven-H
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has added a "Switch to Classic" link in the footer.  I hate the new layout too.

Login to Me Too

welke
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot stand the new Paypal Layout For Dummies!!!! They need to give us a way to permanently choose the Classic Site. The new site looks like a cartoon does not give me the info I need without digging. Paypal, please listen!!

Login to Me Too

spoiled
New Community Member

I, too HATE the new layout.  So, I sent an email requesting the change to classic to be permanant on my account.  I would think they could do it from their end.  I received a very nice reply, telling me how to do so.  I will include it here for you to read.  However, I have still not been able to find the "MORE" in my account.  Hopefully some of you can find it and switch permanantly.

We apologize any inconvenience you may have encountered concerning the new website.

Please understand that we have developed these features on the website to provide you with all the information you need to know about your account.

We appreciate you taking the time to try out the new website though. We're continually working on improvements to help you manage your PayPal account better so if you change your account back to the classic view you will still have the option to change again to the new website.

You can only switch your account back to the Classic view if you had previously been using the Classic website, however, we can no longer switch your account to Classic view permanently.

To switch your account back:

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Go to "More" and select Switch to Classic.
  3. Confirm this by clicking Switch Now.

You may also click on "Classic Site"at the bottom left of the page.

We appreciate your feedback as well as your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you for being part of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,
Jean
PayPal, an eBay Company

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.