Switch to CLASSIC layout permanently!

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

I did search the forums regarding this topic, but didn't come across any real answer.  How do I switch my Paypal layout back to the Classic layout permanently?  The only suggestion I saw was clicking the "Classic" button on the lower left corner, however the change is only temporary.

I'd like each login to go directly to the classic site, without having to manually switch over each time.

Please can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

louisdelavilla
New Community Member

I have the opposite problem. My view is classic and I cannot find where to change that...

After having worked with the new layout, classic is too clumsy for me.

Help please!

Login to Me Too

kochkin
New Community Member

WTF! No switch to classic under MORE or in the left down corner! **bleep** ! New interface won't do search by transaction ID. **bleep** **bleep**!!

Login to Me Too

spoiled
New Community Member

I, too HATE the new layout.  So, I sent an email requesting the change to classic to be permanant on my account.  I would think they could do it from their end.  I received a very nice reply, telling me how to do so.  I will include it here for you to read.  However, I have still not been able to find the "MORE" in my account.  Hopefully some of you can find it and switch permanantly.

We apologize any inconvenience you may have encountered concerning the new website.

Please understand that we have developed these features on the website to provide you with all the information you need to know about your account.

We appreciate you taking the time to try out the new website though. We're continually working on improvements to help you manage your PayPal account better so if you change your account back to the classic view you will still have the option to change again to the new website.

You can only switch your account back to the Classic view if you had previously been using the Classic website, however, we can no longer switch your account to Classic view permanently.

To switch your account back:

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Go to "More" and select Switch to Classic.
  3. Confirm this by clicking Switch Now.

You may also click on "Classic Site"at the bottom left of the page.

We appreciate your feedback as well as your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you for being part of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,
Jean
PayPal, an eBay Company

Login to Me Too

jagibbs
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to share what you had found out. 

This is the same message that I got from them a while back I belive, however I can also not find any option called "More" on the site.  I want to say that at one time I was able to follow their procedure described, but either it did not completely revert back to the classic site, or it was only temporary, meaning you'd have to do it each time you logged in (which is defeating the purpose). 

I like how they claim the new site was created so you'd have relevant features.  That's not what the primary complaint in this thread is about however.  The complaint is with the layout/look (which is geared to mobile devices), not features.  It's assumed that whatever the layout, they would want to offer relevant features...

I know it is possible to detect the type of device being used and display a tailored site for the device (desktop/laptop vs. mobile device.  I think PayPal's business model is if they can satisfy the 75% of people using mobile devices (the majority), then **bleep** the rest.

Login to Me Too

catsinthecradle
Contributor
Contributor

I too much prefer the Classic layout and am requesting my account be set back to it.  I received an email telling me that is what they were going to do, but when I went to my Paypal account it was not the Classic version.

Your new version is far less user friendly.  I cannot imagine why you changed it and made it so awkward and frankly, unattractive and cartoonish.  When I go to "more" there is NO option to switch to classic and I see no other places on the site to do so.  They seem to have removed that, I guess so as to force us all to accept what we don't want.  Seems to be a pattern here in all aspects of life in America these days........

I do NOT use any devices that require this kind of new layout, the Classic version was SO easy to use.

Please give me back the Classic paypal layout asap.

Christine Wittmann

Login to Me Too

roseyg
Contributor
Contributor

understand this I had a balance before you switched it and now I dont I WANT TO GO BACK TO CLASSIC NOW PLEASE...............................................................................................

Login to Me Too

bad-dog
New Community Member

I hate the new site but what's worse is you can't paste email or payment address's, Seriously?

Login to Me Too

roseyg
Contributor
Contributor

switch to classic permanently

Login to Me Too

LillyxxGal
New Community Member

I HATE the new format and have told PayPal this many times!! Today I logged in and expected to have to revert to the classis view and to my surprise the classic view was already displayed. Anyone else find that their PayPal was restored to the Classic view??? SO HAPPY!! When will companies realize if it iisn;t broke don;t fix it???!!! I was seriously thinking of leaving PayPal over the new crappy site . 

Login to Me Too

thegearbox
New Community Member

You are lucky! I logged in this morning planning on clicking the 'more' button and switching to classic view BUT the classic view option is no longer available to me. I'm afraid I am stuck and not happy about it. I also hate the new format.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.