Sorry, we no longer support www.paypal.com/shipnow.

StreetDefender
New Community Member

The  www.paypal.com/shipnow link worked great and it let me keep all my shipping records in one place. Unfortunately this link no longer works --- "Please print shipping labels from the Activity or Transaction Details pages."

The Canada Post website is very difficult to use and they do not accept Paypal payments on their site.

Is this a temporary problem or do I find another shipping option?

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Coxhobbies
Contributor
Contributor

Ship now has been discontinued as of last night for Canada - confirmed by Paypal rep. That's a PITA as we ship 95% outside of Canada and have used that service for years to generate labels for customers that do not pay via PP on our website; when we want to generate "Light Packets".  For "Small Packets" and bigger, we use Canada Post EST but can't do "Light Packets" there.

We are working on a few solutions today.

Bernie

Login to Me Too

prismalabs

so can paypal actually help us or give us information on how to fix this issue?? or are we all just going to complain on these forums and nothing will actually happen???

this is very fustrating

Login to Me Too

prismalabs

Hey Paypal,

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

i would like to know why you have disabled this feature for canadian paypal users, we use this feature everyday for alot of ecommerce shipping.

alot of people have been fustrated by you guys removing this link.

Can someone from paypal comment on this issue so we can get it fixed this is ridicilous.

Login to Me Too

prismalabs

has anyone found any work arounds to this solution?

one workaround would be to send a payment to your self and just use the ship multiple packages on that payment and just keep creating shipping labels with that one payment. You will have to keep editing the addressess to your new ship too address.

and you will get an email notification everytime also.

Login to Me Too

giser
New Community Member

Cannot seem to get the option to create multiple shipments, and I'm sure I could before.  Looks like for some reason we're getting the shaft up here in Canada.

Login to Me Too

Insanekitten
New Community Member

I found this option only after you have created the first label for one transaction, then there's a link offered AFTERWARDS where you can make other labels for that same transaction, which will allow you to edit the address and create different shipping labels.

Not sure if there is a limit to how many you can ship off of one transaction, or if there is a time limit.

Login to Me Too

kymbeee
Contributor
Contributor

Hey prismalabs, you can only send yourself a payment if you have more than one PayPal account. 😞

Login to Me Too

which131313
New Community Member

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

sandrahw
New Community Member

Interesting, as of February 2017, works for me. I just go to my shortcut: www.paypal.com/shipnow

and it re-directs me to fill out the info for the label at this address:

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear so many have been affected by this change and we regret any inconvenience this has caused.  I will submit feedback about this change to our shipping teams.  I must confirm that the link www.paypal.com/shipnow has been disabled and is slowly being disabled for all countries that have the option for printing shipping labels with PayPal.  It is unlikely that this link will return in the future.

This link was never intended to be an official PayPal service.  When we originally launched the option to print shipping labels, it was intended for printing shipping labels for PayPal transactions only.  The ship now link was used for the print shipping label button on PayPal transactions but the link would also include the PayPal transaction shipping details to be loaded on the print label page.  Over the years some customers figured out that you could remove those shipping details in the link and load the link directly to purchase a shipping label that was not related to a PayPal transaction.  Basically this link was never an official PayPal product but a URL hack on an existing product.  Some of the technology, accounting and label provider agreements  associated with our shipping label service were never designed to include shipping labels not associated with a PayPal transaction.

At this time, we must recommend using Canada Post Ship-in-a-click service or another shipping label service provider.  Hopefully we can convince Canada Post to add PayPal as a payment option in their Ship-in-a-click service in the future.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.