Someone has to jolt PayPal with logic - to whom do I direct it?

Internaut
Contributor
Contributor

I had a interesting situation arise where I wanted to buy an item on Ebay, but could no longer log in. Calling them, I was met with a computer that can "see your" phone number, "didn't hear that correctly".  Ebay wants us to think their machines can see and hear - OK. Whatever makes them feel good. But I dislike the inslt to my intdelligence.
However, in trying to recover my account of good standing (good seller reviews of me as a buyer) and after a long time with support, the end result went like this:

• Ebay: When was the last time you used your account?
  • Me: Just over a year ago. 
  • Ebay: - we're very sorry to hear that. You must keep your account active by using it at least once a year.
  • Me: Keeping my account alive at Ebay costs nothing. I do not believe what you are telling me, I doubt any online company would just cancel an account for not spending money often enough. I have no choice but to think you have made that up.
  • Ebay: Unless you can give me a phone number... I can't help you.

After listening to a repeat of the same I decided to try one more time, without the help of an insulting support 'persons' in-the-box robotic generic "I am sorry..." . - I was shocked by "change password by using PayPal" option. The lead me to the PayPal (PP) password hints chosen by those geniuses at Kiddie-Koders Inc that come up with these things.

Yes, you MUST know these in order to reset your password or as hints to change your password.

PP expects everyone to be exactly the same and chose any of the following.

What was the name of your first school? (*After 60, who remembers their own middle name, let alone their first schools name.

What was the name of your first pet. (*Never had one.)

What's the name of the hospital in which you were born? (*I was too young at the time to be able to write it down and cart it around these 67 years)

What's the nickname of your oldest child? (***bleep** uming one has kids, Son, or Daughter - nope hat;'s not a nickname. Best get a nickname for your kid)

What is the middle name of your father? (*Now days, pick one from Amil Akbar Hussein Yousef Nesigas Van Pattent the 3rd.)

What's the name of your favorite childhood cuddly toy? (*Oh - come on! Seriously? This isn't the Waltons - it's real life!)

What is the maiden name of your grandmother? (* Are the brains(?) behind these question/hints still at large?) 

I know, long-winded and really of no concern - until you are asked to answer them, and when creating them, will you remember your answers? Most won't. That's my point. I hope with this here, that PP reviews these 'stupid" yes "STUPID" hints questions and gets with the times.

In some circles, they hints are seen as racist because they ask questions that are culturally profiled to white, anglo north americans - ignoring the many various ethnic and cultures of the new north america. 

By the way, the forced "Category" and "Board" choices were not mu choices. These are just that - forced minimized but steered and controlled content.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.