Shipping label requires buyer's phone number now.

Taramore
Contributor
Contributor

The shipping label now requires buyer's phone number before printing, but there is no phone number on buyer's contact information.  I hope PayPal is going to change this feature, as it is so convenient to print the label and drop off the package without waiting for the post office to open and stand in the queue!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

GwendalynBlue
Contributor
Contributor

@Taramore wrote:

The shipping label now requires buyer's phone number before printing, but there is no phone number on buyer's contact information.  I hope PayPal is going to change this feature, as it is so convenient to print the label and drop off the package without waiting for the post office to open  and stand in the queue!

It is acceptable per ebay policy to enter the sender's phone number as a contact number since buyers typically do not provide contact information unless it is for international purchases, even then it is at the buyer's discretion.

It seems that PayPal product management did not follow 'Use Case' methodology to evaluate this 'request for buyer contact number' feature before implementing it, since the use case excercise would have highlighted the need for some explanatory text, say in a clicable 'information' balloon beside the enter contact number field. If they ever update it this feature I would suggest adding an SMS contact number field as well.

Login to Me Too

raritynine
Contributor
Contributor

I was lucky to find my buyer's phone number using 411 but agree this is a much unneeded and undesired feature to implement because if I dont have a number and am forced to wait in line at the post office, I am **bleep** sure they will accept the parcel for shipment without a phone number so where is the logic in making this mandatory?

Login to Me Too

raritynine
Contributor
Contributor
It might be ok for Ebay but apparently not for PayPal because dont forget we are talking about International shipments and when I tried to put in my (Canadian) number as a contact number for my (US) buyer, Paypal changed the buyer's address country to match the phone number and of course that nuked the whole process.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.