Select Classic View...

CrackleBerry
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,  

I am new to this site and was having some difficulty decifering the info here.  

I found the "Classic View" option at the bottom left corner of the page and selected it.   When the screen switched over, I could see a logical layout of the account information that made much more sense to me.   

I looked but I could find no way to choose this display over the other.   

Can you show or tell me how one can select the "Classic View" option as the regular view?   It is much clearer and straightforward.  

Thank You Very Much...   

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

tiger956
New Community Member

I have been with PayPal since 1999 and I find the Classic Screen Layout to be much SUPERIOR to the new layout on a desktop computer...PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS, BUT OFFER YOUR CUSTOMERS AN OPTION... for mobile phones there isn't a problem switching to the "NEW" layout... but for desktops the Classic Screen is much SUPERIOR...

Login to Me Too

kayoops
Contributor
Contributor

I agree,

Let the users choose the vew,

Classic viw is realy much superior.

For sellers this is a site to work.

This is not an institutional site

WE WANT THE CLASSIC VIEW BACK. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you land on a page that is not in classic view, click the classic view link again...is the only option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

This used to be in the tools menu, but it has since disappeared.  I don't see any option in the bottom left...  ?

Login to Me Too

Peaceland
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, it's gone. For now... Put it BACK. NOW!!! OMG! I cannot believe how inconsiderate this is!!! What ARE YOU DOING to us? It has been awsum for years. Now this? Really? Be sensible. How easy is it for you to just leave us alone, and let us get our work done here! I have a LOT to do, and it is next to impossible with the new layout. The search can't find anything. There's no way to mark whether something is shipped...

What gives Paypal?

Come on!

Keep it together!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The new layout is not for Ebay seller or desktop users,when I landed on the front page,it tells me my ID and name and etc etc,none of it I care to be reminded.

I want to know what is my current balance and the latest transactions,where it is a payment receive or payment I sent.

and at some point,the top column sayd Money,what is that?

What else is there besides Money,??

and where can I FIND MY CURRENT BALANCE,it is so hard and meaningless,the new format is totally meaningless to me  

Login to Me Too

kino-Boy
New Community Member

I miss the classic view as well this new one stinks.  The older one gives you more of a brake down on what is going on. All on one page some times the new ways are not always the best.  If the older set up works why change it. Smiley Sad  Just because there are a lot of new things coming out for computer that don't mean that all should change.

I't like app are ok on iphone but I just don't like all the app's all over my desk top this is way to much add as if we don't have enough on TV these days. Thank for letting me give you my in put. Kino-Boy

Login to Me Too

dragon5150
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with most here. It's absolutely impossible to reconcile accounting without the archiving feature of the classic view. I would be fine with the new layout if they had this feature. Without it I will not be using paypal anymore except for routine monthly expenditures. one time purchases are too difficult.

Login to Me Too

kayoops
Contributor
Contributor

I just call paypal and the support confirm the the classic view is definitely removed.

This new website was developed for buyers and sellers were once more forgotten.

This is incredible and hard to understand.

Paypal developers should understand that buyers and sellers have different interests when using the website and should have different views.

However. as this seems to be too much complicated to the paypal engeneers, I suggest,

To minimize the problem:

In the menu Activity, remove the columns of the fee and net value, and replace them by 2 new columns with the STATUS (normal, refunded...) and and SITUATION of the sale (sent, pending to send...).

This is critical for sellers.

I ask, anyone in Paypal read these comments or this is a waste of time?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.