Schedule payment for future date

ebametz2
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know about recurring payments, but I would like to be able to create a payment to be delivered on a future date. For example, I need to send $20 to my brother, but on the date I want to send it, I'll be camping. Why can't I select a payee, an amount, and a date in the future. C'mon, PayPal - listen to your users!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you owe him $20 why not just send it to him now? Or send it right before you leave for your trip?

If there is a demand for this sort of thing I could build it (pretty quickly), but I really haven't seen much of a demand for this myself.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

JimMcKane
New Community Member

Our Church is unable to get a debit card because of banking rules. We'd love to use PP to schedule a bill-paying payment each month so we don't miss Due Dates. Is there any possibility oof adding this function soon?

Login to Me Too

jhadib

I have to imagine Paypal might be evolving into a frequently used platform to transfer money between family members who have loaned one another money...  Ex-spouses who need to make monthly payments... 

Those would be viable users of functionality that allowed you to schedule a payment in the future, and even recurring payments.

Login to Me Too

JimMcKane
New Community Member

I have the same situation as I need to send a regular payment each month and would LOVE to have PP do it automatically so that I don't need to "remember"!!!!!

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Okay, I'll bite. I'm going to throw together a simple app that will get this done. I'm thinking of a site you can go and use "Log In with PayPal" to quickly create an account on the site. Then a very simple interface where you can enter a receiver email, an amount, a frequency, and a start date, and the site would handle the rest for you. Does that sound like what you're after?
Login to Me Too

ebametz2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this would be helpful, although TRUST is a big deal, so it would be ideal if PAYPAL, rather than a third party site, would allow this. Also, for recurring payments, amount, start date, frequency, and AND DATE (optional) would be the information needed to establish the periodic payments.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I am a PayPal Partner developer, so if I were to build this sort of thing they would back it, help market it, and allow me to use "PayPal Partner" and "Certified Developer" branding on it.  That part usually isn't a problem with apps we build for PayPal.

It's really just a matter of demand, which of course is why they haven't done this on their own yet.  I spoke with my partner reps and they said they just don't hear about this request much at all.  I'd still like to do it, but it would have to be sort of a side project when we have some free time, and lately I'm not sure when that will be.

It's actually a perfect little solution to build using our PHP library that we provide, so I may have one of my guys build it just to get familiar with our library.  🙂

Login to Me Too

brystek
New Community Member

I also would love for Paypal to add "pay at a future date" option!  I've checked several times in the past to see if it is possible yet.  Some of my payments are dependent on paycheck deposit in accounts at a certain time.  Please, please, please add this option to your payment procedure

Login to Me Too

BriiBaer
New Community Member

This would be an awesome feature! I pay my babysitters through pay pal and 2 of them I have every week.  It would be nice to be able to set a few weeks into the future.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.