Scam

tjhorrall
New Community Member

I purchased a sweater we found on Pintrest. We were hesitant but when we saw they accepted Pay Pal we assumed they were somewhat legitimate. Well we waitedd quite some time to recieve the item and only after I complained did the item get shipped.

Well, This sweater is sold as “one size” and features a very bulky oversized garment.  The item received is not as pictured in the advertisement.  It is tight on me and I wear a medium.  The hood is very small. The arms are very tight. Neither are as pictured. The cable knitting is not bulky and distinctive. The buttons are not aligned with the button holes. The button holes are not finished. The garment is woven together with mismatched yarn.  While the front of the garment is not pictured in the advertisement, the quality featured would not have one anticipating the subsubstandard product that was received.  Cost over $50

I filed a dispute and the seller offered a partial refund. I figured that was a pretty good scam, sell JUNK and then if someone complains give a partial refund and still make a profit. Pay pal closed the dispute saying the seller said the item was as advertised. Why would they expect them to say anything else. I have tried to escalte the matter but the Pay Pal website just keeps sending me in circles and I can not get any further. When I filed the dispute there was no way of sending photos and now there is. I asked how I can send photos that show this is not the same product and Pay Pal has refused to let me.

This is Bait and Switch which is fraud and Pay Pal does not care.001.png002.png003.png004.png005.pngadvertisementadvertisement

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tjhorrall

Paypal is a payment processor offering that option to millions of private sellers and businesses.

They do not vet every single one and every single product.

BUT if the item was not as described the onus is on you to prove that in the dispute section and then escalate to a claim.

As its one persons word against another nothing is ever guaranteed, you were out of luck.

BUT if you funded your paypal payment with a credit card then contact your card issuer as they may do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.