SDK Limitations

ShellyBCaleb
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Recently my child brought to my attention that due to PayPal’s SDK limitations it prevents merchants etc from charging users for subscriptions unless they have a credit card or bank account linked with their PayPal. I think this is ridiculous and should give the PayPal users some sort of freedom to allow subscriptions to be charged from their PayPal balance without a card having to be linked because not many would want to do so. When I asked the merchant as to why I can’t purchase that said subscription with my PayPal balance, the reply sent was and I quote “This is unfortunately a limitation of the paypal SDK that they provided. If you’d like this functionality to change you need to petition PayPal to do it.” I feel users should have the freedom to do what they want with their balance and if this is changed, maybe add a “Are you sure” message before they go through with getting the subscription.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.