Removing Credit Card

annoyedtomax
New Community Member

What is with the PayPay system?  Several years ago a major retailed had their computer system compromised.  My credit card company issued me a new card and number.  Consequently I entered the new card info into PayPal as my back up source of funding, my bank account being primary as usual.  I then tried to remove the compromised card from the PayPal system and was unable due to "pending transactions".  I tried several more times to remove the old card without success and finally gave up and forgot about it.  Last week I get an email from Paypal telling me I needed to update the expiration date on my credit card.  I logged on and saw that it was the old defunct card I had forgotten about.  So once again I tried to remove it and once again I was unable due to "pending transactions", even though it had not been the back-up funding source for several years.

This is obviously a frustrating flaw in PayPal's system that needs to be corrected.  But even more frustrating is the fact that it took several days for me to finally talk to a real person at PayPal to get this card removed from their system, and communication with the call center was poor. I would like for this to be fixed so that customers do not have to go through what I have had to go through just to remove a credit card. Unfortunately poor customer service makes it impossible to talk to or make suggestions to anyone that has any authority over system design and problems customers may be having. Fed up with lousy customer service.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.