Remove Video Background on Log In Page

pinkpixie4
Contributor
Contributor

please remove the fancy video background, it just SLOWS the log in process significantly.

I am annoyed each time I log on. Does anyone else think this is annoying? We don't need to be impressed by Paypal's coding skills, we just want to access our accounts effieciently! thank you!

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Interesting as we have not experienced any issues with logging in on the new pages. 

Login to Me Too

imagebyroberts2
Contributor
Contributor

Not all of us have computers with super fast processors and 16gb of ram.   We have 3 different PCs and one has 6gb of ram and it takes forever to log in.  Besides,  why do I want to see someones hands, pants, shirts parts of machines with no heads.  It does NOTHING but irritate everyone that I have talked to.  I don't link any of the video images to business because I'm looking at the log in tabs.

Login to Me Too

imagebyroberts2
Contributor
Contributor

First rule of business....... make it easy for your customers!  Second rule of business....... don't **bleep** off your customers!

Login to Me Too

JustinC4
New Community Member

It's really freaking annoying and unnecessary. Stop it.

Login to Me Too

Blaise170
Contributor
Contributor

Some of us are still using DSL (i.e. 3mbps speeds) and having HD videos play everytime I login is incredibly distracting. What about those of us without unlimited bandswidth? Please think about your users before pushing something so useless. I already use PayPal, I shouldn't have to see an advertisement for it every time I login.

Login to Me Too

Stumer
New Community Member

I agree that this is both unnecessary and counterproductive to users here. I am sure that there are only a few users here that are unaffected or ambivalent toward this full screen video background. Even the new pause button is not really an improvement to this situation. Please remove this logon video screen and return to a simple graphic that won't interfere with most computers. We have already elected to use the PayPal service, and not watch any commercial about that service.

Login to Me Too

Queina
Contributor
Contributor

Or at the very least give us an option to disable it so we don't see it from then on or it's always paused and if we want to watch it, we can click the play button. I have a slow dsl connection, plus a slow older computer and when I come to the site to log into my account, everything just slows way way down and it actually takes me like 5 seconds just to be able to get the mouse over to click the pause button and then it takes another 5 seconds for it to actually pause. Then everything goes back to normal and I can log in.

Login to Me Too

pinkpixie4
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I agree, it takes me longer than 5 sec to log into my paypal account, I always have to push redirect me. As a loyal user who logs on nearly daily and makes lots of transactions, it is very frustrating. 😞

Login to Me Too

MWES01
New Community Member

Kills my PC 50% of the time, please remove it or give the option to disable

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.