Re: We don't recognize the device you're using

Party4Party
New Community Member
Just had the "We don't recognize the device you're using" message. Okay, the verification process was fairly painless however, it did assume you're at the phone number on the system.

I suspect the verification was caused after Firefox upgraded to version 46 - This gives a different UserAgent to the one before. Coupled with a different IP [every time] and some aggressive Firewall rules, that would make this 'device' look very different. Possibly??? Don't expect any customer services agent to understand that, but a techie might? Anyway, what information on our devices ARE you keeping?

Thinks... What I would like to see is a message saying "We don't recognise the *country* you're in". In this scenario a Paypal customer sets the territories their account can be used in - such as the US, CA, GB, AU, etc. Fairly easy to do. Or why not provide Paypal customers with free device certificates as well?

Have a nice day.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Party4Party

Paypal is country specific so if you use it internationally it would trigger security issues as they would think your account had been hijacked and being used internationally.

Paypal is not a bank.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

smsmsm
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened twice within 1 week. Never happened before. I use a more secure place to access paypal than home where I use landline, thus can not put in the phone message and digits it sends me.

Other people do the same thing like in Libraries, Job Centres, or at on allowed systems at work.

Now I have to use time and effort including informing someone I am not being inconsiderate and lazy in not paying thanks to "We don't recognize the device you're using"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.