Re: Donate to important women's causes today & one man's perspective

NoSoup4u2
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to find out where I could respond to the email I received from PayPal on this topic: "Help Support/Donate to Important women's causes today! (fyi: causes is not a word...it should of be spell checked...its ISSUES, not causes)

I got back that email on Thursday, March 8th 2018.

A man I know wants to respond to this, but due to current social views, must do it through someone else, to remain unknown. Of course I already know I am likely to get a lot of flak for helping him, along with some very negative , nasty, rude, and perhaps even threatening emails for it. But still, I know it must be said.

My reply to that email is in no way, AGAINST women's issues, nor is it hate filled or meant to be sent out in any negative way whatsoever! Quite the opposite actually. I'm a single dad who has raised two daughters, since the youngest was 6mths old. She is now 26 and SHE ROCKS, JUST LIKE HER OLDER SISTER! I am possibly...No, wait, I KNOW I AM...THE PROUDEST FATHER ALIVE, because I know without a doubt, WOMEN ROCK!

However.....consider this as well, & if you agree, please talk about is with the men in your life too...just a thought, but read on, please!

My M.G.T.O.W. RANT....

I believe women ROCK TOO!
But tell me, what is out there for men?
Do we have any support organizations?
Do single fathers have programs like this?
What about men's "self help groups"...(That is, any that are not ostrasized for being made available for me)
The leading health cause of early death for me in Cancer....do we have support groups and organizations, fund raising organizations, support drives...anything for that? (again, any support groups that are not humiliated into closing their doors, or setting up meetings so secretive, that nobody hears a thing to go to. Do MEN have support groups for that?
In all of North America, men over 35 or 96% more likely to commit suicide then women are....96%!! I can name you 10 support groups/self help groups/call in services for WOMEN ONLY....guess how many are out there for men?
NONE!
What about domestic violence shelters for men? Did you know that 40% of married or living together men will be subjected to domestic violence. (don't worry, I realize that 63% of women are battered....WHICH IN ITSELF IS DEAD WRONG!!)...but what about MEN? Nope, not one MEN ONLY shelters are available in Canada!...NOT ONE! But there are THOUSANDS all across Canada for Women....so I ask you....
Is that fair, is the the "equality" all women are looking for?
Sadly, it is because of those stats, that I now belong to a group called M.G.T.O.W.
It's very likely that you've not heard of it, because if you have, it's likely only because it is being given to you to chastised and hated or told to humiliate, or anything else to get it banished and permanently removed for any access or information to help MEN.

Is that fair? Don't men, brothers, fathers, DADS, Uncles, Grandpa's....single men who have been, or are contemplating suicide, FAR FAR MORE, than women do....don't they rock too?

Last year, in North America, the suicide rate for all women between the ages of 13 up was 11%. I'm a single father of two daughters I raised from when the youngest was 6mths old. That stat TERRIFIES ME!! But in the other hand, did you know that the suicide rate for that same group for men is.....23%....MORE THAN DOUBLE that of women. And in ALL CATEGORIES, AGES, & GROUPS, men are on average, 80% more likely to commit suicide, than women are!!

SO, I ASK YOU....WHEN WILL EQUALITY AND EQUAL RIGHTS....start applying for MEN?

Yes, women do rock........but in my eyes, ANY HUMAN BEING ON THIS PLANET ROCKS.........JUST AS MUCH AS THE OTHER!!

But, as always, that's just some stupid old, one single white man, seriously considering suicide, that's just his opinion!

So I am BEGGING ANYONE ONE WHO IS LISTENING OR AGREES......PLEASE let me know if there is something out there for ME & the men that are important in your life too.

Signed...

Anonomously

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NoSoup4u2

Wrong about cause.....

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/causes

the welfare of a person or group, seen as a subject of concern:
support for the cause of the American Indian.

And yes there are options to support men and single parents out there.
And yes to all the rest of your questions re mens groups, do a google and there are as many for men as ladies.

But I guess if you don't like the email just click 'delete' and wait for the one to deal with male issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NoSoup4u2
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "Cause"....my autocorrect is wrong then, because it underlines it in that squiggly green line to get me to change it....not important tho.

What I'd like to know is, why would I click "delete? 

You've provided a link of support groups, that could actually help many guys out there, then basically, you encourage me to delete it.

WHY? I think I know why, but that's not important either.

However, what do you think your message brings with it? How do you think I now see your message and reply?

I see it NOT as help, but as, "See, in your face", which is precisely what was mentioned in my friends letter.

He is pleading for help, and you didn't really come here to offer anything but more discouragement, I'm sorry to say.

At least, that's how we've received it anyways. 

I'm not sure where you are from, but here in Canada, there is but one, maybe two, men's only shelters, a couple of call in centers, if they can find volunteers. (we dare not advertise or canvas for them anymore! That's just like playing with dynamite these days!) And yes, there are one or two support groups, which normally, are hard to find. Most don't last long....I wonder why?? There use to be more, but because of public opinion, and pressures from "other groups", they were forced to close down.

So, thank you first for those links, even though the few that are there, are mostly only in the US, and then 2ndly, if you are being sincere, you can't help but to agree completely, just how today's men are being systematically perceived and quietly being shunned away. Wouldn't you disagree?

If you don't see that, then, I'm sorry for you that you don't, because statistically, if you have 10 men that you truly care about in your life, at the very least, 4 of them suffer quickly, because of embarrassment, or from fear of being humiliated for "being weak", all because of political correctness, mainstream media, and today's social values/trends. (I say trends, because things change so fast in society today, I call it the "Throw away world" , or the  "Me Me Me Society" we live in today. Most folks have been programmed to not get involved, to mind their business & just walk away. Often, they just stand around and record with their cellphones....but to help? Nah, not a chance!

Watch any "family" sitcom or tv show that involves or mimics today's family, the kids pretty much think dad's an idiot or treat him as such, and the Mother mocks the father, or belittles & embarress's him in front of the kids, all the time. He's made to look like the fool, or the babbling idiot, and in some cases, is even been shown to be expendable & worse, non-existent! 

Whether you accept that narrative or not, it is entirely up to you. Judging from your reply, you seem to not care either way.

But regardless, it HAS become plain as day to see how much value a single white male has in society, in both our two countries today. Perhaps even globally for all I know...though, I admit, I don't know. I've never researched it....anyways,

Do you remember the YMCA?(no, not the song! lol) It was originally a club for men, but it actually became ILLEGAL for them to have an all male membership! That was back in the 70's or early 80's. Heck, even now, the Boy Scout's of America is no longer allow to be for "boys only". Do you think that applies to the Girl Guides/Girl Scouts of America too?....Are you kidding? NOT A CHANCE!!

How many"women's only clubs & organizations" have sprung up in N. America since back then, in the 80's? How many, compared to that of men? Google that one. Perhaps, if you actually do Google that, see how many "Men's Shelters" there are in Canada. 

Don't be fooled by what you think you know. You can't see the forest for the trees.

But anyways, as with my friend, that's just one man's opinion as well.

You can disagree with some of it, or all of it, if you want. But if you don't mind, please don't delete this, just ignore it, okay?

No worries! We've become use to that now...and have been for some time....

Like many, you likely just never noticed.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NoSoup4u2

All i am saying is IF you receive emails you don't want then all you have to do is delete them.

I am not supplying you with ANYTHING and would not be able to email you (or would need or want to).

Sorry couldn't read the rest of your post, way too long.

You asked in your first post why there were only support groups for ladies and not men and I answered to say there were some for men as well.

That is all and I am not interested in a debate.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NoSoup4u2
Contributor
Contributor

No worries!

My apologizes too, if I misunderstood.

No debate was intended either..fyi.

However, do appreciate your point of view, your perspective,

and your comments too!

And again, thank you for the links as well.

Take care of you & yours!

CHEERS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.