Re: Does Paypal still offer return shipping refunds?

menagerefrannco
Contributor
Contributor

It does not work every single time. As I'm writing this, I still have a request for a refund that has been pending ever since December 28th, 2017. Today is January 10th - 2018. Pay Pal has not reimbursed me just yet for the $12.33 that it did cost me to return a CD (which was not what I had ordered) .I sent all the pictures that Pay Pal did ask me to send, pictures of the receipt from Canada Postk, showing very clearly the date of the shipping (December 27th, 2017)  the amount that it had cost me to ship the package, etc...

WARNING: Pay Pal to reimburse your returned goods will ALWAYS ask you for a tracking number. Sending back things when you live very far away on the planet from where you are sending back your things willbe VERY COSTLY. Like for a single CD from here in Québec (Canada_ to England will cost you (in Canadian currency) anywhere between $47 and $50. From Québec to New Zeland or Australia will be OVER $100 (Canadian currency), and Pay Pal will NEVER reimburse you more than $30. Which means that you could lose A LOT OF MONEY sending goods back to sellers in shipping with a tracking number, just to please Pay Pal. So, you will then chose to return back the goods WITHOUT any trcking numbers, due to how SOV ERY COSTLY it would be for you to do so, right?

Then, Pay Pal will give you HELL and NOT  reimburse you, or - like it is my current case with them - take WEEKS, MONTHS evento decide of the result.  You then will keep on requesting for them to decide, one way or the other , if you "should" (yes, you should !) be reimbursed, and you will lose TONS of hors trying to deal reimbursments with them, for nothing...

One thing to do, ask to send the request to one of the Director of Pay Pal, it may work. It did for me on another case anyway. Smiley Happy

Pay Pal, in the "Shipping On Us" program usually takes at the most 5 days to reimburse you after you request to be reimbursed. NOT  weeks, NOT months, etc... Still, they will take PLENTY of weeks, etc... and play with your nerves on many cases.

In my current case, it Pay Pal plays with my nerves more than they are doing now, I will ask the seller who got my returned CD to reimburse me the shipping costs also.

SO ONCE AGAIN -PAY PAL - THE "SHIPPING ON US" PROGRAMS WORKS ONLY IF PAY PAL WANTS TO REIMBURSE YOU - IT DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK OUT - EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALL THE PROOFS (PICTURES) OF THE RECEIPTS FROM THE POST OFFICE, ETC...

Sylvie in southern Québec, Canada.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

copperdog
Contributor
Contributor

@menagerefrannco wrote:

It does not work every single time. As I'm writing this, I still have a request for a refund that has been pending ever since December 28th, 2017. Today is January 10th - 2018. Pay Pal has not reimbursed me just yet for the $12.33 that it did cost me to return a CD (which was not what I had ordered) .I sent all the pictures that Pay Pal did ask me to send, pictures of the receipt from Canada Postk, showing very clearly the date of the shipping (December 27th, 2017)  the amount that it had cost me to ship the package, etc...

WARNING: Pay Pal to reimburse your returned goods will ALWAYS ask you for a tracking number. Sending back things when you live very far away on the planet from where you are sending back your things willbe VERY COSTLY. Like for a single CD from here in Québec (Canada_ to England will cost you (in Canadian currency) anywhere between $47 and $50. From Québec to New Zeland or Australia will be OVER $100 (Canadian currency), and Pay Pal will NEVER reimburse you more than $30. Which means that you could lose A LOT OF MONEY sending goods back to sellers in shipping with a tracking number, just to please Pay Pal. So, you will then chose to return back the goods WITHOUT any trcking numbers, due to how SOV ERY COSTLY it would be for you to do so, right?

Then, Pay Pal will give you HELL and NOT  reimburse you, or - like it is my current case with them - take WEEKS, MONTHS evento decide of the result.  You then will keep on requesting for them to decide, one way or the other , if you "should" (yes, you should !) be reimbursed, and you will lose TONS of hors trying to deal reimbursments with them, for nothing...

One thing to do, ask to send the request to one of the Director of Pay Pal, it may work. It did for me on another case anyway. Smiley Happy

Pay Pal, in the "Shipping On Us" program usually takes at the most 5 days to reimburse you after you request to be reimbursed. NOT  weeks, NOT months, etc... Still, they will take PLENTY of weeks, etc... and play with your nerves on many cases.

In my current case, it Pay Pal plays with my nerves more than they are doing now, I will ask the seller who got my returned CD to reimburse me the shipping costs also.

SO ONCE AGAIN -PAY PAL - THE "SHIPPING ON US" PROGRAMS WORKS ONLY IF PAY PAL WANTS TO REIMBURSE YOU - IT DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK OUT - EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALL THE PROOFS (PICTURES) OF THE RECEIPTS FROM THE POST OFFICE, ETC...

Sylvie in southern Québec, Canada.

I've had the same problem. After my request for reimbursement of my return shipping, Paypal sent me a message saying I had received all the funds allowable for the transaction. I had only received a refund of my purchase price of the item after returning it to the seller.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.