REFUND RIP-OFF!!!!!!

Tage
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item Walmart.  I returned the item on 2/11/17 that I paid $237.60 for but only received $19.80 back as the refund credit in error.  I tried to get walmart to tell me why they didn't give me back all of my money and was told so many different stories (all of which lead to them saying that the total purchase amount had already been refunded to my card) I decided to contact Paypal for help!  FINALLY Paypal decided they would file a dispute and "guaranteed" me that I'd have my money back by 2/24/17.  Today (2/24/17) I received an email from Paypay saying they received a response from Walmart saying that they disagreed with the dispute because they already refunded me $19.80, and that I needed to allow them more time (until 3/24/17) to investigate (WHATTTT)?????  Because walmart wasn't disputing the fact that a refund was due, just that $19.80 is what I should accept (I guess), I asked Paypal what the next step was (thinking they would just take the balance of what's due to me back from walmart & credit it to me)....They say they still needed to investigate the issue (what more needs to be investigated?) .  After I told the Paypal rep that if I didn't get ALL of my money back ASAP that I would post something on their website about this foolishness-she then said "we'll have a resolution for you AND your money back by 2/27/17" (we'll see....more to come if I don't get my money back by Monday)!  ***NOTE-PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY THINKING YOUR PURCHASES ARE SAFE WITH PAYPAL....PAY CASH OR USE YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHICH OFFERS A BETTER PURCHASE REFUND GUARANTEE-PAYPAL'S A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How did you fund your purchase?  Was part of it paid for with PayPal Balance or bank and the rest on credit card?  If so, you should check your credit card for the rest of the refund because it takes a while, up to 30 days, for refund to post on your credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hana59
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same experience and went through the entire dispute process.  PayPal sides with the sellers because that is how they make their money!  Plain and simple they are scammers themselves.  I have had an account for 20 years and spent a lot of money as an eBay seller; I will be closing my account and reporting PayPal to BBB and looking for a class action lawsuit!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.