Please provide a one step button to close my account.

I don't want to talk on the phone to your corporate lackeys.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ThatguyinTexas

Click Paypal help top right of this page > put in close account and the instructions are on that page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yeah it keeps saying I have autopays even after I canceled them.

I am disconnecting the autopays then HOPEFULLY I can close it.

Just mainly wanted to post I was closing my account due the political hypocritcal BS PayPal posing.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ThatguyinTexas

Do you mean subscriptions? If you cancel them it may still be a while before you can completely close it.

Depends a lot if you are a seller as well as a buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Makes sense.

Login to Me Too

tempuser0408

Pay Pal is making it VERY difficult to close your account.  I cannot even delink a bank account.  Don't worry, I will call them and have their rep from Singapore close my account.  

Login to Me Too

wayne2646
Contributor
Contributor

"Pay Pal is making it VERY difficult to close your account.  I cannot even delink a bank account.  Don't worry, I will call them and have their rep from Singapore close my account."

I think PayPal may be trying to stop a stampede to the exits. 

When I discussed this with ebay and the business I was going to take from them due to lack of a viable payment processor other than PayPal they freaked out. Nothing gets their attention faster than ending/deleting listings while you are on the phone with them and they are viewing your account.

Login to Me Too

dps
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, when I click on the Close Account link, I just get an error message.  Last week I talked to a rep about it who cancelled some auto pays and said I should have no problem after a few days.  Still can't close it though.  Looks like I have to call them back again.

Login to Me Too

Frustrated5

I am having the same problem: trying to close my account due to PayPal's ridiculous "political" decisions and I can't get the account closed even though I have no open balances or transactions. I followed the steps suggested and there were no instructions on how to close the account. Getting more aggravated by the minute.

Login to Me Too

NYMIZ
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. They PayPal seems to be holding our accounts hostage. They lie about pending transactions. They won't allow me to delink bank or credit card. I was put on hold for over a half hour and had to give up. Though I'll try later,  I suggest we all file complaints with BBB. This is a truly evil company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.