Pitney Bowes International Shipping Problems

muffett
New Community Member

I have now ordered 4 items using the Pitney Bowes international shipping option.

1st item no problems.

2nd item lost / disputed / total refund - learning - don't bother contacting seller as they absolve themselves of any responsibility as soon as 3rd party shipper (Pitney Bowes) involved. Time consuming.

3rd item (reorder of the lost item 2) no problems.

4th item - two units ordered, one showed up and transactions marked complete. Immediately opened dispute a few minutes ago. I will not waste time with vendor.

Ebay / Paypal ... thanks for this service as it makes more items available to me in Canada.

However, you need to up the game on reliability. I am paying extra for the service and as I see it you are batting .500 at best. Time is money, and my time is valuable and I do not appreciate having to chase down every other item I have purchased from you. 

I will reconsider, and likely limit (as in not make) puchases that force me to use the Pitney Bowes service, probably shoping elsewhere. For example, my experience is that Amazon usually has similar item and similar price, and always sends the item.

Thanks and best regards

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ramjet555
New Community Member

WARNING - Pitney Bowes are "terrible". DO NOT USE "Global Shipping", this is Ebay's way of declining responsibility

for shipping.  The Tracking numbers change, "Global Shipping" can be anything, for shipments to Canada,

they make no attempt to confirm address.

Ebay can and do make mistakes in transferring information to Pitney Bowes who then transfer "the contract" to

Pitney Bowes who shut down their phone sytem at 5 PM EST.

I've had a package get from the USA to Canada twice and then returned to 7111 Kennedy Rd Missasauga L5F 0A4

where it "disappears". Even the shipper in the USA cannot track or find out where the package is.

Ebay refuse to deal with the issue and claim it is not their responsibility,

Paypal then start a long process that MIGHT result in a refund but, 

odds are they will use this multiple-contractor shipping arrangement to deny responsibility.

I"m a very dissatisfied Global Shipping, AKA Pitney Bowes", AKA Purolator unwitting customer.

It appears NONE Of the above bothered to include my email address or cell number which could

have been used to resolve delivery problems.

If you use Global Shipping, aka Pitney Bowes, aka Ebay , make sure you leave instructions to include

your email, telephone and never every use a destination address that is not 

attended during business hours as Purloator will just dump the package at the door 

regardless of value.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.