Peter Thiel donating to Trump Campaign

swtmeadow
New Community Member

If Peter Thiel donates to Trump, I'm out of Paypal. Paypal's loss!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just to make it clear Peter is not donating on behalf of PayPal; it is his personal donation.  It's important to separate people from a company's official position.  PayPal, as a company, did not make a donation.

It's important to not badmouth a company because you don't like what one of the directors does.

It's not about political inclinations; it's about business.

Login to Me Too

whyIamLeaving

We vote with our dollars. Where you spend your money is what you support. 

Login to Me Too

whyIamLeaving

If PayPal as a company renouces what Peter Thiel has done, and gives the same amount or more to candidates other than Donald Trump as a way of disavowing what has been done, that is the only way to restore trust to the PayPal Community. 
"no one misses PayPal members who leave for whatever reason" - this is terrible business practice and I hope the Paypal Leadership does not agree with you.

Login to Me Too

Skhilled
New Community Member

I cannot support a company that supports Anti-American racists and bigots like Donald Trump!!! I've been using this company for 10 years! It is no longer worth anything!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/15/technology/peter-thiel-donate-trump-campaign/index.html

Good luck and good bye!!! I am cancelling my account and posting the above link everywhere I can!

Login to Me Too

Ladyemma
New Community Member

altonbr
New Community Member

Does Peter Thiel have any current interests (management, stockholder, BOD) in PayPal? If so, based on his recent financial donations to Donald Trump's presidential campaign, i am severing my relationship with this company.

Login to Me Too

altonbr
New Community Member

Peter Thiel is on PayPal's Board of Directors.  Cancelling my PayPal account today!

Login to Me Too
Solved

DrewInCA
New Community Member

It would be nice to see a public statement from PayPal. But according to this, Thiel no longer has any affilliation with PayPal.

On the other hand, he does have a large stake in Facebook:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/10/17/paypal-founder-peter-thiels-1m-trump-donation-leads...

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A lot of stockholders have large positions in many public companies.  How often does a serious business person let that sway their business policies for using the company?  Very few.

Of course, if PayPal doesn't provide the benefit you want for your buiness, then, by all means close your PayPal account.

In future investigate each of the directors of any potential business deals, including Wal-Mart, eBay, and Amazon.  You may even find some undesriable dirctors at your favorite gaming sites.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.