Peter Thiel donating to Trump Campaign

swtmeadow
New Community Member

If Peter Thiel donates to Trump, I'm out of Paypal. Paypal's loss!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

THX-1138
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, NOT BOYCOTTING PAYPAL over this.

Login to Me Too

freckster
Contributor
Contributor

WT... PayPal pulls out of expansion in NC because of their bathroom law (being non-inclusive); something I very much admired them doing.  Now Thiel throws his support and money behind Donald Trump?  How does that make any sense?  I find it very troubling indeed.

Login to Me Too

THX-1138
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe that speaks more about Hillary Clinton than it does Donald Trump or Peter Thiel.

Login to Me Too

Eblake1
New Community Member

I'm on this thread to cancel my paypal due to fraud issues. Will you people please take your political opinion to another site. Geez. 

Login to Me Too

Tanner5000
Contributor
Contributor

Unless PayPal dissacotiates itself from Peter Thiel, I am done with it. I pulled all accounts I had set up to pay through PayPay and will cancel my membership unless I hear a clear denunciation of Thiel's antidemocratic views from the company soon. Thiel's exercise of first amendment rights gives us all an opportunity to respond to his radically plutocratic ideology. If he feels the need to climb on soapboxes and throw his money around for appalling causes, I will certainly not reward him with my business.

Login to Me Too

NoTrump

I agree. I just spent an hour trying to close my account because of Thiel: No racist Trump supporter is getting a dime of my business. And yes, Theil still gets zillions from PayPal, and is still "associated" with them, despite what the customer service gal tried to tell me on the phone.

I discovered that Paypal will not let me close my account for 180 days (half a year) after the last transaction. I can't believe that's legal. Further, they won't let me remove my bank account from my account--I have to retain one valid form of payment. The only recourse would be to actually close my checking account at Wells Fargo. Unbelievable.

So I spent an hour going onto every app and vendor that was set up with PayPal, and removing Paypal as the source of payment. 

Now I'm busy writing to journalists I know at the NYT and Wash Post and SF Chron to see if I can get them to do a fullscale investigative piece or two.

I'd like to know how many people are trying to cancel their Paypal accounts, and how many have run into the roadblocks that I did. I'd like to know how it's legal for Paypal to not allow me to discontinue a service I no longer want, or not allow me to remove my personal banking information from a service I no longer want.  And I'd like to know how much Thiel's disgusting support for a treasonous nazi thug is hurting Paypals' bottom line (I hope it bankrupts them).

Anyone feel like writing a piece on this for HuffPost?

Login to Me Too

THX-1138
Contributor
Contributor

STILL not closing my PayPal account over this.  In fact I may start using PayPal to make donations to Mr. Trump's campaign myself.  

Login to Me Too

debkl
New Community Member

Bravo to you for your well-written post.  I've just started this idiocy of trying to close down my account, it's outrageous, and, like you, I can't believe this is legal!  Slime supports slime, I guess.

Login to Me Too

rhyeenajee

Any answers yet?  I set this up for convenience and the 6 months no interest.  It's becoming unwieldy and I'll try to avoid it completely in the future.  Sheeez.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.