Peter Thiel donating to Trump Campaign

swtmeadow
New Community Member

If Peter Thiel donates to Trump, I'm out of Paypal. Paypal's loss!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

swechsler
Contributor
Contributor

I can think of many reasons to leave PayPal, but even though I don't like Trump, this isn't one of them. This was a private citizen's donation; it wasn't made in the name of PayPal. Contrast this with the Hobby Lobby lawsuit several years ago against the Federal Government, regarding their health insurance having to pay for birth control. That was done in the name of the company and would be a legitimate reason to boycott Hobby Lobby if you disagree with the lawsuit or its outcome.

Login to Me Too

Kelly_D
The money he has in order to donate, is from people using the site and him making money. How do you think he makes money? And whether it makes a difference to him or not, I won't have my money contribute in any way to further that bad man's delusions.
Login to Me Too

Kelly_D
True, which is why there is a published list of any company known to do any Trump business, with a link to send info on any overlooked companies. Watching Peter Thiel support him at the TNC, being touted as the head of PayPal however, will make more than half the country pretty upset. Not all will not cancel accounts, but when they do see a hit in their wallets, believe that it does make a difference. I'm sorry you feel your voice isn't heard.
Login to Me Too

memasmuffn

BYEBYE! HILLARY FOR PRISON 2016 ...make america great again

Login to Me Too

Kelly_D
Seriously? Even the delusional man has let that go. As have the investigations...mysteriously. Anyway, my point in replying is that coming onto a thread you don't agree with, after, also kinda mysteriously winning with Trump, why are you even bothering to go to this trouble? I mean, it literally has nothing to do with you. If you're using PayPal, put enough money in the linked account and get a life.
Login to Me Too

THX-1138
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if everyone who felt outraged at Peter will now drop Facebook

LOL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Login to Me Too

ThielIdiot
New Community Member

Just cancelled my Paypal account. So disgusted for Thiel and his support for Donald Trump--I will not be any part of this company. 

Login to Me Too

FordPrefect
New Community Member

People that don't support Trump must support Hilary & since Hilary is the poster child of inhumanity than all these people leaving are probably undesirables that no company would want trolling around their business.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

lol some of ya'll need to wake up.  The whole system, matrix, society, whatever you want to call it, is infected.  No where to run, nowhere to hide from the trumps, from the clintons, from the thiels (sp?) from whoevertheblanks you don't like but to close an account so you lose any advantage, any benefit you may have from using PayPal in your life that these folks fully do, take advantage of opportunities in their life, is hurtin' no one but yourself.  As long as the service helps me in my everyday life to make it less yucky than it already is, while these clowns live it up, I will use it.  Integrity and ethics died a long time ago.  When you open up your eyes, mind, heart, soul and realize this, you will see how ridiculously high school all of this is stuff, everything, all around you, is.  Then sign back up. Smiley Very Happy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kelly_D
Lol. You're ignorance is so cute.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.