Paypal my cash error code 203

Dinersat10
New Community Member

So I guess paypal my cash whole system is down cause it won't let me load up my card ... can customer service please help!!!

Login to Me Too
210 REPLIES 210

jodilyn
Contributor
Contributor

This is wrong. My card is the 0315v01 series for $500 and I have not been able to load it all week. I was able to load a $200 card earlier in the week but nothing since.

I have been a paypal client for over 10 years now and this is the first major issue I have ever had with them. I find it very disconerning that paypal is not showing more push to correct this issue or even at the very least address this issue with it's clients. Their lack of attention to this issue is saying a lot about their level of respect for all of us!!

Login to Me Too

Roon56
Contributor
Contributor

mine is the 0315 series as well for $190- I bought it at CVS . No luck after mutiple attempts.

Login to Me Too

JohnD81
Contributor
Contributor

Sent in my email yesterday.

they lost it.

sent a fax today with a recipt of the fax

they don't see it yet.

Login to Me Too

123ed
Contributor
Contributor

We are still having no luck loading ours. A paypal representitive we spoke to Wednesday night said they were working on the issue and some of the cards were starting to go through, but alas ours is not working yet.

Very upsetting, trying to keep a cool head about the situation but this is more than a little inconvenient. Also recieved an email about "suspicious activity" on our account - it looked legit but sent it to Paypal spoof anyway, so now we are doubly insecure about Paypal and what exactly is going on.

Login to Me Too

TonyaM8190
New Community Member
Same problem, same story as everyone else. Loaded an $80 card a few days ago, then a $300 card the day after, and everything was fine. I tried to load a $500 card 2 days ago and got the error code 203, which has persisted ever since. I called the (incredibly heinous) "customer service" number, which is a dead end right off the bat. This has been the worst customer service (if you would even call it that) I have ever experienced in my entire lIfe - hands down. It surely must be some kind of very bad joke, right? When I finally got a human being on the phone (by furiously pressing buttons while on the line which must have confused the system or something) they were no help whatsoever. They had no answers for me, but were quick to seemingly invent obstacles and say anything to get me off the phone. They wanted pictures and numbers and receipts that are literally hundreds of miles away from me. One rep kept putting me on hold after i asked for a supervisor only to check back every 10-15 minutes to ask me if i was still waiting, like she expected me to just give up. When the supervisor FINALLY answered, she told me that they couldn't do anything for me without all kinds of pictures and documentation and the horn of a unicorn. GUESS WHAT. I CALLED SOMEONE AND GOT ALL THAT STUFF WHILE I WAS ON HOLD. But then, belIeve it or not, the "supervisor" on the line with me pretended that the phone was breaking up and she couldn't hear me (the connection was crystal clear). Then to top it off, I was told that she couldn't make outgoing calls from their phone so I would have to call back again, right before HANGING UP ON ME!!! The total lack of respect and professionalism and just common decency on display here is sickening. Its absurd. They have just lost my business forever. I am preparing to take legal action and I suggest you all consider the same. This is just unbelievable.
Login to Me Too

Higgs70
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem but I didn't realize it's been going on for do long. I've tried calling them to no avail. I hope they fix this issue immediately.
Login to Me Too

Roon56
Contributor
Contributor

I too have the same problem. I purchased a $190 paypal cash card at CVS yesterday  and have been unable to load it. Error code 203. I have used these  cash cards many times in the past- don't know what is wrong! Called paypal they were nice but transferred me to  a representative at paypal cash - they opened a ticket-  then I had to fax  a copy of  my ID,  the receipt  from CVS and  the  cash card front and back- she couldn't tell me if I will get money back- just that I should hear something in three business days. This is very upsetting- I was going to use these funds for Christmas shopping. I have no confidence they or payapl will help me and I am out $190.  Just wondering if anyone has got the problem resolved or been able to load their card after many attempts. I have tried at least 20 times- always the same error code 203!!! 

Login to Me Too

Psm128
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I have a card with $500.00 on it and I can't put it on my paypal account. That $500.00 is my lifeline for 2 weeks! I have bills coming out in the morning too! We need to file a BIG LAWSUIT together. Knowing they are having these problems...why are they even selling them!~

Login to Me Too

JamesemaJ
New Community Member
I agree. A class action lawsuit? This is a serious inconvenience, possibly even theft, compounded by the facts this is holiday season, many of us pay our bills with PayPal, and customer service is totally non-existant. I can't even get anyone on the phone because there is no option to speak with a representative on the customer service line, and when I click the link to request a refund on their website it just sends me back to the home page! What a joke! And they continue to sell these cards knowing that this is going on and refusing to even acknowledge their customers? This is despicable! We need to sue!
Login to Me Too

Roon56
Contributor
Contributor

I can find no way to request a refund on the paypal cash page- there is no refund button to click. I think this company is a scam! I am angry but don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.