Paypal my cash error code 203

Dinersat10
New Community Member

So I guess paypal my cash whole system is down cause it won't let me load up my card ... can customer service please help!!!

Login to Me Too
210 REPLIES 210

shisa
New Community Member

Pretty much every post i've seen is exactly how i'm feeling. This is my third or 4th paypl my cash card that has just not worked aka error code 203. The others had at some point finally gone through usually within a week. This one no dice. No longer have the original receipt so what now I'm out 200 dolars !!! such **bleep**. This is organized crime targeting the public ie paypal users who like i, assume that such a huge corporation or whatever it is with billions of employees an dollars behind it would put out and market and advertise to their full extent a product, the only product offered  that gives the ability of getting cash into your paypal account would work. It's not a complicated thing. 

After all my ranting all i have to say is everything surrounding this situation is imoral, illegal, and an insane pain in the **bleep**. Every Corporation is a thief in some way or another but this is being rubbed right in everyones face and what that's it we get someone who couldn't care less inform us that either we jump through every hoop and over every hurdle they can come up with and then we may get our refund or theres just nothing they can do....figures.

Login to Me Too

meloca
New Community Member

use incognio mode on your chrome or use a computer with different ip address

Login to Me Too

urboogyman
New Community Member

These PayPal Cash cards are serviced by Incomm (http://incomm.com), a partner or vendor of paypal. I don't think they're PayPal, and they are seriously damaging PayPal's reputation.

Has anyone received their money back from this error?

It's been a week for me, after I submitted a ticket, sent in copies of the reciept, cash card, and my driver's license. I just called again, and someone in what they call "customer support" (HAHAHAH LOL!) told me the problem is this: I hadn't attempted to redeem the card yet.

REALLY? I must have seen dozens of "Error 203" over the past week while trying to get my money.

With all these MANY MANY complaints about the very same issue, going back many months, on SO many forums and the BBB, I think this problem is approaching criminal. They must be holding many thousands of dollars that belong to us.

Has anyone received their money back? How did you do it? How long did it take?

Login to Me Too

Wangman5000
Contributor
Contributor

the 500 $ is still sitting on the card i bought...i have no way to redeem it. i dont have the receipt, it was a gift around Thanksgiving...its just sad we cant get our money

Login to Me Too

jeannpjean
Contributor
Contributor

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

I called their customer service number and finally got the answer that the error code 203 is an Internal Redemption Error and that it's a known issue. They are attempted to fix it currently, but for those affected already they can only offer a "refund." But you have to have proof of reciept, the physical card in hand and personal identification.

Login to Me Too

onejad
New Community Member

I still have 2 cards that I have not been able to cash. Its been over a year on one card and 8 months on the other.

I refuse to give my ID and utiltiy bill...etc I've been patiently waiting for the issue to be resolved and keep checking the boards....and a year later.....no change

I have discovered that if you buy a card under the $400.00 value, you don't get the 203 error. The moment you get a card over $400 plus dollars ( i think its over $440) you get the 203 error and there is no way to clear it.

I've tried everything from incognito window browser, to my cell, I've used at least 8 different browsers...sample results NOTHING !!

Can't believe this is not resolved yet. Can this be legal?

Login to Me Too

monroe101
Contributor
Contributor

My suggestion is to start sending emails to news companies about the fraud. The more who send in the more likely it will get noticed. They are making hundreds of thousands of dollars off these cards knowing the error code 203 has been happening for years. No one is fixing it. Both companies the one who owns it and paypal need to be sued.

Login to Me Too

Wildchilde
New Community Member
I have had the same thing happened to me. Of course you call the number and they want a driver's license, a pic of the receipt and the card. I do not feel I should have to send my info for this. Also this was miney being given to me from a friend out of state. Another thing. If you look when entering other cards, it tells on your PayPal account where the card was purchased and when. Proving they need nothing more than the pin off the card to get the info they are asking from us. It is the company that's transferring the cards that's doing this but paypal is still somewhat responsible. Do I see a class action arising against this company or paypal soon?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.