Paypal is now worthless at best.

oldmark
New Community Member

I hve been buying and selling online since the late 1990's and I have used mostly ebay and paypal when that came along. I have one transaction pending using paypal and I will never use ot again. I need access to my money, and I do NOT need to wait for weeks to get it. AND I eno't need paypal telling me when and how to ship items or when and how to contact my buyers in private sales. I don't need a "guide" or a "pal", especially when they are collecting interest on MY money that they are holding.

Paypal, you were a convenience and now you are burdensome and annoying. Goodbye. Go scfew someone else.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

FEDUP3
Contributor
Contributor

At least you were able to cancel your account, by the looks of it many folks are being held hostage by Pay Pal.  Seig Heil !

Login to Me Too

cl400
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is notorious for putting a hold on costumers' funds for days and for various money and account issues. PayPal's  actions may be deemed "gross negligence" or an "unsafe or unsound practice" under the law.

PayPal has a "money transmitter license" with different states. In California, for example, PayPal is licensed with the California Department of Business Oversight and is required to follow their rules, the laws and regulations. 

If consumers are having issues with PayPal, such as holding of funds, freezing accounts, closing accounts, etc....  state agencies encourage consumers to file a complaint in order to make sure consumers are protected. 

Once you file a complaint with the state agency, PayPal will be notified by the state department and they are REQUIRED to answer, plus the state department will investigate each complaint to hold them accountable.

If enough complaints are filed for improper activity, the state could initiate sanctions against PayPal.  Meaning, suspend or revoke their license to do business.

File a complaint here: http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Consumers/consumer_services.asp

Helpful Tip: When you call PayPal make sure to the get the person's name and last name at the beginning of the conversation. If the person does not want to give his/her last name, you can then ask for their employee ID no.

This is helpful for complaints and in case you decide to sue PayPal in the future.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.