Paypal is holding my money, I will never accept payment via paypal again

Nick-taylor
Contributor
Contributor

Be warned all, I sold an item and Paypal received payment on Nov 27th ( Item number201468284888 ), its now 21st December and Paypal are still holding my money, I cant speak to anyone or get an answer as to why. Ive sold the item posted it, the buyer has received it and said so on ebay, still my money is held, I will never use Paypal for selling on ebay again & I will tell everybody I know the same.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Maclebon85
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not a seller, I'm a buyer!

They tell me I've done nothing wrong, but because the word, "Persian" is in the title of a coat I bought on Etsy, they've been holding my money and have not sent it to the seller.

I've been referred to the Treasury department, where they said they flag words like that because of Iran, but that PP could cancel the transaction.  PP won't cancel it.

I made the purchase on the 14th of January, and since then, have called and called, and have yet to get decent customer service, or gotten an answer as to why my money is being held or when I'll get a refund, or when they'll send my payment!

All I wanted was a $220.00 vintage coat, and I've been JERKED around by Phillipinos who don't understand my questions, and by American PP reps who have taken a week of my calling, before they even sent in the first request to find out where my money is.

I have started using my Visa payment option now, and will not be using PP ever again.  

What really gets me is that it's the 25th of January, I don't have my money back and/or the seller doesn't have it either! PP has it and I consider it theft!!!

Any ideas as to how to get my money back??

Login to Me Too

EricsPlace
Contributor
Contributor

It's this "terrible business model" that has made them the giant of the industry they are! I've found that many of the problems people have with PayPal can be resolved when communicated through the proper channels. Having to wait on hold for a Customer Service Rep for instance can be all but eliminated by using the 'call back' feature that's offered on the Contact page. A good understanding of why funds are held in a 'pending' status is also easily understood when considering that the money you've just "received" for the sale of your goods can just as easily be returned to an unsatisfied buyer. If these funds had been released to you before your customer claimed their right to a refund then PayPal would be an instant loser. This senario would be a real loser for them... and a very poor business model indeed! It takes some time and patience to build a business where your partnering with these two giants, Ebay and PayPal (one big giant now), but it can become a real winner for everyone involved if you understand why things have to happen the way they do.

Login to Me Too

Samsunguy2016
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, Amazon does hold onto money for 14 days. I been a basic (non-FBA) member for several months and every sale I make, they hold onto it for 14 days. Hopefully, after the year mark they reduce it to 7 days or nothing.

Login to Me Too

mystolenmoney
Contributor
Contributor

Curious, when this began. They have 2500 dollars of mine and no answers as to when or even if.... I will ever get it. Deposited to my bank and it did not show up. 

Login to Me Too

kjc78
New Community Member

ive had exactly the same happen to me. They are lîars and dont want to hand over money !

2days on the phone and all i get s lies n excuses.

last time i use paypal

Login to Me Too

sammy2
New Community Member

yeah i don't like it either but it is for a security reason in the  beginning the thing is they choose when they want to start letting you get you money immediately they get the money let you pay postage for a little bit with funds not cleared of course not cleared cause its in their bank account collecting interest paypal collects so much money off of holding money it should be illegal it probally is but good news there is going to be a new paypal soon that will destroy them

Login to Me Too

AccusedCriminal
Contributor
Contributor

Pay pal now with-holding almost $200 from me for 20 days.  Been with pay pal for about a decade and this is how they treat me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.