Paypal having technical difficulties? cannot withdraw funds

roro88

What is up with Paypal, the last two days i've been trying to put in my bank details to withdraw my funds i've received and i keep getting the "Paypal is having technical difficulties, please try later" message... I try ringing them and I get the same message.. It has been for over 24hrs, what is going on?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem, for two weeks or so, I've tried twice to send money from pay-pal to my bank account. Both times, get the same message after a week, "reversed", same technical difficulty message. I'm getting quite frustrated, as each time, I was charged 50 cents, which if it went through I find acceptable, however, BOTH times were reversed, and BOTH times I have been charged for absolutely nothing!!!! I have tried the "contact us" by phone, that apparently is only a computer generated response system, so my problem cannot be solved by that system, it only tells me how to do the transfer online, which is exactly how I've now lost $1 and counting! Not a huge amount I know, but by the time my transfer actually takes place, at this rate I'll have "0" left to transfer!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved a "automatic" e-mail from Pay Pal after asking questions, which didn't address my problem at all, only told me how to transfer money to my bank account, which I already have tried un-successfully TWICE,following their instructions completely.. Strange thing is the mail clearly states "you will NOT be charged a fee to transfer money from pay-pal to your bank account". So why have I been charged each time? Still waiting for ANY response that's not a useless computer generated waste of time to read!!!!!

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Hey roro, I know it's been some time, hope things are getting straightened out for you. If not, (like my problem) I have found through many emails and phone calls, to check your name as it reads on pay pal vs. how it reads at your bank. My bank uses my middle initial in my account name, on pay pal it's not there. I'm hoping this is the "technical difficulty" we are both experiancing. I'll let you know in a couple days after I try AGAIN to do a transfer. John.

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Nope. Middle initial apparently was not the problem. After three days of a "completed" message on my pay-pal account, this morning saw it once again as "reveresed", due to "Technical difficulties". It would certainly be nice if the ACTUAL reason was stated, not just the computer generated "it could be anything" message!! My bank says there are no restrictions on my account. I give up. Sent the money to my brother in Michigan, he has never had an issue transfering funds to his bank, he'll bring me the cash in a few weeks. Seems like a long time, but since this problem with pay pal has been going on for about 3 months now with no solutions, guess it will be faster in the long run!

Login to Me Too

ya me too! too many thing need do by myself .. still can't get money from paypal to my bank 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.