Paypal has blocked my account and is holding my funds!

Matei86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My account has been recently blocked for ID verification and physical address - Paypal asks me to provide several copies of legal documents. Because i can't provide a copy of a utility bill (all my bills are in my mother's name), i sent Paypal a copy of a recent Bank Statement which has my name on it and my physical address below. It is signed and stamped by a bank official. Their reply was: "The document provided unfortunately is not considered a proof of address. Please send us a valid document that proves you live at the address which is currently registered on your PayPal account.  What is a valid proof of address? We accept a copy of: [...] Bank or credit card statements". I provided a Bank statement which proves my address.

All my earnings are going through Paypal but Paypal is holding my funds! I can't pay my rent nor my monthly expenses!

This is getting frustrating!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matei86

Why not phone them and ask why they won't accept that or what they will accept?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Matei86

Why not phone them and ask why they won't accept that or what they will accept?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Matei86
Contributor
Contributor

After a phone conversation, everything sorted out. Looks like all i had to do is match the address from my bill with the one in my Paypal account - letter by letter.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.