Paypal defines the word "in-trapment"

Animo
Contributor
Contributor

First off this is just one link to a public policy posted by PayPal; https://publicpolicy.paypal-corp.com/issues/blockchain ; I personally feel horrible for others in the past that got so to speak "side-swiped" by PayPal in regards to their user policy on cryptocurrency considering in this government relations public policy one paragraph alone sums it up "

• PayPal was one of the first payment companies to enable merchants to accept Bitcoin through Braintree, by way of partnerships with payment processors BitPay, GoCoin, and Coinbase. We also have integrated with Coinbase’s virtual currency wallet and exchange so CoinBase users who sell Bitcoin can withdraw those proceeds to their PayPal accounts. These partnerships have provided us with valuable expertise and market insights that will shape our strategy and investments around Bitcoin and blockchain going forward." And believe me there are others as-well, not only this but the recent filing of a patent to increase cryptocurrency trading speeds. This to me especially after i spoke with a customer agent today that stated 3 separate times on the "recorded" line Paypal does not deal and never will deal with cryptocurrency. That just blew my mind considering its literally in this policy and talked about all over tv/Internet pure out lied to just to be funny it seemed to me. Yes, im disgruntled because i was permently limited for dealing in cryptocurrency ; take in mind i was using one of PayPals "partners" Coinbase.. Due to a conflicting user policy that ends up with getting an email stating "We have reviewed your PayPal account and found that you are operating as an e-currency dealer/exchanger including the sale of electronic media of exchange (such as electronic money or digital currency)," the email reads. "Per our current Acceptable Use Policy for Money Service Businesses, PayPal may not be used to operate a currency exchange, bureau de change or check cashing business." Yet they purposly partnered with different exchanges to allow you to buy/sell cryptocurrency years ago and collect your money on your paypal account! Example "from a long time ago; yet again take in mind theres more updated articles as-well, but i wanted to point out how long this has been effecting PayPal users in general. https://qz.com/713528/paypal-is-warming-up-to-bitcoin/amp/  ; I will not drag my post on any more just beware about this company pretty much in-traping people to use their payment processor yet investing and making profit and also banning us from it therefore taking our money for something they fully and publicly acknowledge and support themselves also purching and tradinh these currency's.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Animo
Contributor
Contributor

the action of tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.