Peter Thiel donating to Trump Campaign

swtmeadow
New Community Member

If Peter Thiel donates to Trump, I'm out of Paypal. Paypal's loss!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

zyvx
New Community Member
I've always been able to be comfortable paying paypal fees, feeling that the massive profit are going to projects and ideas promulgated by Elon Musk's ventures. Tesla, Space X, Solar City, DC energy storage and antificial photosynthesis are such incredibly important and world changing - for the betterment of Earth - technologies, I feel proud to pitch in my 3% to support these ventures. This week I hear from my employees, that a PayPal co-founder contributed 1.25 million to Donald Trump. I checked, and confirmed it. I am supprised. As a business person, I understand sometime we want to be on the good side of any potential president: but Trump - really? That is a chunk of change. I am paying attention to how I pay and accept payments. I still support using PayPal, out of respect for Elon, but my feelings about PayPal are not the same, and I am paying attention
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zyvx

He WAS a co-founder. So what has that got to do with paypal now????

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

D714
New Community Member

I am cancelling my account.  I cant in good conscious support a business that supports what donald trump stands for.  ignoring this, means that im indirectly supporting those values too.  I will have nothing to do with that.  I will simply make payments directly through my bank. 

Login to Me Too

Maax
Contributor
Contributor

I think you are making a mistake.  However, our nation was founded upon freedom of choice.  So, we who prefer the safety of PayPals solution easily continue to stay without you. Sayonara.

Login to Me Too

ConcerndCitizen
Contributor
Contributor

I just found some information stating that PayPal was supporting Donald Trump for president of the United States. I do NOT agree with Donald Trump's rhetoric and continual and repettitive fabrications and lies. Statements proven over and over again to be untrue on so many topics, and against so many people. I want to know where does PayPal stand on this issue.

* Does PayPal support Donald Trump and his outspoken philosophy?

* If so, how does PayPal support Donald Trump?

As a very long time user and believer in PayPal, I feel as a consumer, I have the absolute right to know where this company stands on an issue so fundamentally important to me as well as countless millions of customers.

I trust this post will not be flagged or deleted and I Thank you in advance for a reply.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Peter Thiel ,founder of Paypal,supports Trump for president.

Paypal is a publicly held company traded on Nasdaq ,symbol PYPL,does not endorse any pubic figure,it is owned by many shareholders.

Have you heard if any publicly traded companies endorsing any candidate?lke GM,Ford,American Express,Boeing? 

Login to Me Too

THX-1138
Contributor
Contributor

These people condemning Peter Thiel & by association PayPal are knee-jerk activists, probably directed to do so by someone who is financed by the Clinton campaign.  Every single one of them hypocrites!

Login to Me Too

Nancym526
Contributor
Contributor

Any business that contributed to Trump's campaign is a traitor and a disgrace!

Login to Me Too

Mardees
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. I will stop using PayPal immediately.

Login to Me Too

Nancym526
Contributor
Contributor

To all of you out there who are dismayed at the election results, please know that PayPay donated to Donald Trump's campaign.

Therefore, they support lying, cheating, abuse of women, etc.  I am closing my account, and I urge you to do so too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.