Paypal are thieves

Fossil-diver
Contributor
Contributor
Don't keep any more money in your account than you can afford to lose. I learned that the hard way today. Paypal took money out of my account and gave it to an obvious hacker and they refuse to make it right. This is the message I received.....,., Subject: $20.00 USD;PayPal Posting Date:Feb 2, 2016;Payment to:Paypal;PIN transaction not posted automatically for settlement between Jan 7-10, 2016 This transaction is subject to a buyer Complaint, Chargeback or an Unauthorized Claim. Go to the Resolution Center to resolve this issue......... When I go to the resolution center there is NO CASE FOUND! Just my money gone and PayPal telling me there is nothing they can do.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fossil-diver

If you lost a chargeback then they would use funds in your paypal account balance OR put your account into negative and limit it until you paid them back again.

The case won't show in your resolution centre if its already been decided and closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fossil-diver
Contributor
Contributor
Car's looked for that. There are no charge backs. I have never sold any thing for $20 even. And who would the charge back be to? Rude smiley face? Did you miss that part of the cut and paste?
Login to Me Too

Fossil-diver
Contributor
Contributor
That should be car's and not car's. Darn autocorrect
Login to Me Too

Fossil-diver
Contributor
Contributor
I was right and it looks like my money is not coming back. Fraud dept said PayPal had computer problems on Jan 2. They said my debit card was used that day to purchase gas, even though there is no record anywhere on my account of it being used. Although it was supposedly accepted at the pump the alleged issue with the PayPal computers didn't allow the payment to go through, so they say. Because PayPal are so nice they said they paid the merchant out of their pocket. And then they waited a month to the day to take the money out of my account without explanation or warning. But it's all a bunch of lies. I always fill the car and can't even remember the last time I put exactly $20 in the car. I can't even stop a pump on $20.00 exactly. I always end up going a few cents over when I try to stop a pump. And they still couldn't tell me what gas station it was at (shouldn't they have that info?) and they are at a loss as to how a rude smiley face is in the summary message. When they transfered me to fraud they had an explanation ready almost as soon as they picked up the phone. It sounded very rehearsed until i started asking about the rude smiley and the gas station location, then they got flustered. They get hacked and refuse to admit it. Nice. Real nice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.