Paypal Debit Business Mastercard - horrible communication

barrymilton
Contributor
Contributor

Briefly, my PP Mastercard stopped working at point of sale (POS) but continued working online. I telephoned PP last Tuesday, stayed on the phone 24 minutes, finally had to leave a message & that call was never returned.

Emailed on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, no response. Telephoned Saturday morning to close out the card & the PP rep said there's a hold on the card, quickly transferred me to card services, hold removed.

Card services said they left a voicemail two months ago & I remember thinking that it was a scam so I didn't return the call. I do not believe any other card provider uses phone calls for verification. Capital One & Chase both use secure emails that are readable only after logging into the account.

Leaving a voicemail is 3rd world practice & never followiing up on that voicemail is extraordinarily poor customer service. Never trying to contact by email is difficult for me to understand.

PP is OK, I've never had an issue with PP.

PP should find another company to administer their credit/debit card. They currently use https://www.thebancorp.com/

The Bancorp Bank sucks. Big Time.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.