Paypal Bias Toward Buyers

HotelCalifornia
Contributor
Contributor

I would like a Paypal supervisor to answer the question as to why you maintain the appearance of a system that adjudicates matters based on facts, when I have proof like no other person that you do not.

I sold a used jacket that was labeled Medium and by the dimensions provided by the manufacturer's website as to size on the size chart, it was an exact match. This was a Castelli cycling jacket. Please check their site for the size chart. 19" across for the medium. I took a tape measured photograph of the chest as well as 13 other dimensions of the jacket. 13. This is critical to understand. No other item of clothing sold on ebay has that. Photographs of tape measures along the dimensions of the jacket. In the listing, I called it a Medium. Castelli confirmed what I had was accurate after this entire fiasco. Please read that last sentence. Castelli gave it a green light as accurate. Common sense.

The seller used it then called it "Item Significantly Not As Described".

Paypal approved it.

I have 1084 positives, 0 neutrals, and 0 negative reviews.

Whay make people upload proof and lead them along to believe fairness and common sense will prevail when all you're going to do is rig it for the buyers?

When you do that, you sting the seller by forcing him/her to return the *frozen* funds, and pay return shipping. My customer essentially got a free rental of a 165$ jacket, and through paypal, I was forced to pay both ways.

I know the system is rigged for buyers, but why not just be up front with it?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HotelCalifornia

This is a user to user help forum, if you want a paypal supervisor then contact customer services.

HOWEVER in the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is one persons word against anothers.

You have every measurement known to man on your auction but that does not mean its the same item you sent out.

So paypal tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer often has to return the item first at their own expense before you have to refund.

Personally i tend to tell buyers they are welcome to return items if they are not happy as long as they fund return postage........rarely have a problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HotelCalifornia
Contributor
Contributor

So Paypal's answer is to question my integrity as a seller a ....Top Rated Seller and Power Seller with 1087 and no negatives and no neutrals for the last 4 years. I sent the jacket that I described and pictured. How dare you question that.

You are basically saying that I shipped something other than was described. You would paint me with a black brush. I absolutely reject that. The problem is that I shipped precisely what was described and under the rules, the seller must pay reurn shipping.

You should not question the integrity of the seller as an excuse to operate unfairly. Find some other garbage rationale

Again, I reject your inference that I shipped anything other than precisely what was described. I operate with integrity and would never rip anyone off. You do not have standing to question that, and you are out of line.

The buyer admitted that he received it exactly as described in messages, but that it did not fit, so he chose "item Significantly Not As Described".

Check yourself before you reply.

Login to Me Too

HotelCalifornia
Contributor
Contributor

"HOWEVER in the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is one persons word against anothers.

That is a False statement.... I provided proof of everything. It was all documented 100%.

"You have every measurement known to man on your auction but that does not mean its the same item you sent out."

You are here calling me a fraud basically. You are out of line.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I suspect, as a neutral arbiter, PayPal review the proof provided by the seller and the proof provided by the buyer and found the proof submitted by the buyer to be stronger.  PayPal will review documentation by both parties and then make a decision.

PayPal doesn't supervise packaging by seller and PayPal doesn't observice product opening by buyer; all PayPal has is the documentation submitted by both parties.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HotelCalifornia

Firstly I reject your inference that i work for paypal. I do not.

Secondly I told you HOW disputes normally work for ALL of us.

Paypal DO tend to favour the buyer.

Paypal not as described disputes ARE one persons word against anothers.

Paypal DOES NOT KNOW that what you had on your description was what you sent.

Those facts apply to ALL of us sellers and yes i am an ebay seller as well.

That is why paypal has to use a common sense approach as they do not know us personally and they do not know the buyer personally, so why would they take one persons word over anothers???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HotelCalifornia
Contributor
Contributor

It is incredible the gymnastics you are both willing to peform, the level of sophistry and the casual dismissal of facts here.

He actually photographed the jacket after he received it. The entire matter revolves around what he received and the condition.

He made no comment on condition, and this pertained to size alone.

I have already previously explained how detailed and exact I was in the description.

I will add here that he went so far as to ask my dimensions, weight, height, and chest, and how it fit. I wrote a paragraph explaining the details of the fabric and fit.

The buyer held the jacket up against another jacket he had which he said fit him. Nothing is known about the other jacket other than the fact it was a used jacket that fit him.

Basically, my responsibility, under paypal's thinking, is that I need to provide an exact match to the jacket that fit him.... a jacket in his closet!!!! Think about that one for a minute......

I provided exact dimensions along every stretch of that jacket, described the size correctly...... but I was 100% responsible for knowing whatr would fit him..... if not, I am deemed guilty of shipping something significantly not as described and charged with shipping both ways.

That is unethical and unfair. 100%: assisting and enabling bogus returns and abusing the returns process.

This was not a matter of opinion and words.

Login to Me Too

HotelCalifornia
Contributor
Contributor

At this point you are both realizing that the buyer did, in fact, abuse the returns program.

You now realize that the buyer proved by photography that he received exactly the jacket he bought.

You are trying to find a way around it intellectually, but you are both too morally and ethically compromised at this point, having impugned my integrity and insinuating that I was acting fraudulently somehow. 1088+, 0, and 0 -.

Paypal had to look away from the facts provided to decide in favor of the buyer. That is exactly what they did and they admitted it over the phone.

Paypal is 100% biased in favor of the buyer and the process of adjudication is a complete facade and a sham.

I have proven the case with facts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.